Banana Snack Cake

I found a recipe for "banana snack cake."  It was really addicting.  I ate more of it than I should have because it is called "banana snack cake".  If it is labeled "snack" that means I should eat it for a snack, right?  And I should snack frequently too.  I should call it "Make sure you exercise before you eat yet another piece of this cake".  It was actually fairly healthy to begin with as "snack cakes" go - low sugar, low fat.  I substitued whole wheat flour as well to add a little more fiber.  I guess I did add a few chocolate chips to the batter, but just enough to get an occasional chocolatey gooeyness here and there, not saturated with them.  But really, I don't feel bad about eating as much as I did.   I mainly feel bad about my apparent lack of self-control when it comes to things like this.  That's why I don't make many treats anymore unless we have people over to help eat them!  So here is my recipe:

1 1/2 c. flour (I used a mix of whole wheat and white)
1/3 c. sugar (I used a bit less)
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt

1 c. plain non-fat yogurt
3/4 c. mashed banana (about 1 medium)
1/4. oil
1 t. vanilla
1 egg

Mix together dry ingredients.  Mix together "wet" ingredients in a seperate bowl.  Combine until just moistened.  I threw in a small handful of choc. chips here  Pour into greased 9 inch square pan and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  Cool and enjoy! 

Comments

  1. I'm going to start calling everything I make "snacks." What a brilliant idea! Chocolate chip snack cookies. Reese's peanut butter snack cups. It's fabulous!!!

    I would make these except I'm incapable of mashing bananas. It makes me gag. Yes, I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girlevolving has the right idea....snack mash potatoes, snack pizza...on and on !!!!! Wow...why didn't I think of that? Takes the younger generation to come up with all the good things !!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look