Baking Frenzy and Other Things

I got a fair amount of work done out at Aaron's folks yesterday.  It was a gorgeous day and I wanted to finish up the outdoor work before winter officially hits.  I finished getting the garden area cleaned off and learned a valuable lesson in the process - don't forget your work gloves at home!  This was the biggest cut.  There are about 8 other smaller ones all over my hands.  This one bled for quite awhile and through several bandages.  Blech.  I also came home smelling like manure thanks to the farmer nearby spreading manure on his fields.  Double blech.
Here is David and Abby playing their favorite game together.  They take turns hiding Abby's princess figurines around the area for each other.  It's very cute and solidifies David's status as best big brother in the world.
I got into a bit of a baking frenzy today.  I do this every once in awhile when I'm in the mood to bake.  Then I go overboard and make LOTS of things.  Today I think I must have been craving some carbs.  Here is baking project #1 - raspberry "nutrigrain" bars.  They are decent.  They do taste similar to nutrigrain bars (I did add some chocolate chips to the top -  you can never go wrong with chocolate in my book).  I think in my mind, I was thinking it would taste similar to another raspberry bar recipe that I have and adore - it contains chocolate chips, almonds, and white choc. chips and is definitely more of a dessert bar than granola type bar.  I definitely prefer that recipe to this one.  But this one is not bad and is definitely healthier than my other version.  Not sure if I will make it again.  Might stick to my more unhealthy, but amazingly delicious raspberry bars.
Project #2 - caramel pear scones.  I LOVE these.  They are soft, chewy and full of pear bits and a delicious caramal icing.  I make these every year and will continue to make them every year for as long as I live.  YUM.  I had already had my coffee for the day when I made these, so I enjoyed them with a cup of herbal tea. 
Project #3 - my first attempt at entering the homemade cracker world.  I don't think these are worth the effort (not that they took much effort, but definitely more effort than opening a box).  David and Ana like them and will eat them for me, but I could definitely leave them to the cracker making experts.  Maybe I'll try my hand another day at crackers.  These are a cheesy whole grain variety.
I will happily post any recipes if you want them.  Just leave me a comment telling me what recipe you'd like and I'll put it in my next post.  Until then, I need to go and do some eating around here.  : )

Comments

  1. Mmm, I want to eat all of those! I love love love crackers hot from the oven. After they cool I don't love them as much.

    That cut looks terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pear recipe ! Is that enough of a comment to warrent you posting it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look