Thanksgiving Slacker

Hello everyone!  I apologize for my slacking on posting lately.  I don't have much by way of excuse other than normal busyness.  We had a great Thanksgiving.  My aunt lives a few hours away and is a hotel manager.  So we went had Thanksgiving at her hotel this year.  We went up the night before to spend the night there (a nice perk of having a hotel-managing aunt).  We got there pretty late, so we didn't do much other than get settled in and go to bed that night.  In the morning, the kids were super excited to go swimming in the hotel pool.  We spent an hour or so down there playing in the pool, enjoying the hot tub, and then watching the kids continue to play.  The girls' lips were starting to turn blue with cold, but they still were sad when it was time to go back to our room and get ready for lunch.  My aunt made an amazing feast for all of us.  Yea!  We spent the afternoon playing games, talking, watching football and having fun with the family.  We left with piles of leftover food to tide us over for the next few days.  I love leftovers!  It means I don't have to cook for another day!

This week, we are looking forward to the arrival of Grandma Kay on Tuesday.  She will be staying with the kids while Aaron and I go on a church leadership excursion to TX on Thursday-Sunday.  We are all excited about the week to come.  The kids probably won't even notice that Aaron and I are gone - that's how giddy they are about Grandma's arrival.  Aaron and I are greatly looking forward to an extended trip away.  This will be the longest I've ever been away from the kids.  I know I will miss them, but I am happily looking forward to some grown-up only time.  Time away usually refreshes me and makes me ready to get back into mommyhood.  There are times when I really need fresh perspective like that, and I've been hitting those times lately.

Other things on the agenda, CLEAN THE HOUSE!!!  Gotta get ready for Grandma so she doesn't want to pack up and head back home when she sees our house!  : ) 

I will try to post a bit more this coming week and not be a total slacker in the blog world before we leave for our trip.  Have a great rest of your weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look