Emerging From the Cloud

Well, we are emerging from the cloud of sickness in our house.  I starting feeling better by Saturday.  Aaron is the only one left still struggling.  He hasn't come down with it completely, but is definitely not functioning at 100%.  Hopefully he can kick it very soon!  So since I had been sick and was still feeling weak, I got very little done this weekend.  I did get some good naps in, so I guess that counts as getting things done. 

As usual, I don't have too many pictures to post.  Here is one of the little snake Ana made with playdough the other day.  I thought it was super cute.  It was even cuter in real life.
And here's a gross picture for you.  My swollen middle finger!  I got injured at church yesterday from drumming a little too exuberantly.  : ) I was playing the djembe during the first song at worship and towards the end of the song, I think I broke a blood vessel or something in my finger.  It immediately swelled up and got quite painful - thankfully I made it to the end of the song.  I then switched to the keyboard - my finger was a little stiff and sore playing, but I survived that too - definitely felt better playing keyboard over whacking it repeatedly on the drum.  Today, my finger doesn't look pregnant like it did here (this is 7 hours later after some of the initial swelling went down), it's now just black and blue with a tiny bit of swelling. 
So this week is pretty routine.  I got my school plans done last night and we did our school work this morning.  We only got one day in last week with all the sickness going on, so we'll have to make up for that later.  I'm hoping to get a lot of catch up work done this week too, so I should probably stop dinking around on the computer and get busy. 

Comments

  1. cute snake, funky finger. glad y'all are feeling better. the warm day probably helps too! love MomK/GrammaK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ped doctor always said that you catch more from church than just religion....I didn't know that included finger injuries too !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look