Grocery Run

It's time to get some groceries.  Things are getting pretty bare in the fridge.  With the exception of condiments and a container of juice (not shown), I have in my fridge at this moment:  a carton of cottage cheese, a bit of leftover chili, a small bit of applesauce, a container of hummus, a grapefruit, 5 hard boiled eggs, 2 1/2 dozen regular eggs, one apple, one lemon, three peppers, and one beet.  Here's proof:

Apparently I didn't judge my produce properly the last time I went grocery shopping two weeks ago.  I usually try to last three weeks in between shopping excursions.  Aaron and I have greatly upped our fresh produce consumption this past month and I am still learning just how much we need to buy.  I will not last another week without fresh fruits and veggies.  I'm even out of things like potatoes and onions too.  Makes cooking a little difficult since we don't eat a whole lot of meat either.  I guess we could eat eggs for awhile. I recently stocked up on those (can you tell?)  So after lunch (leftover chicken noodle soup - already out of the fridge and getting warmed up) we will head to town.  I hope to have my fridge stuffed full of all sorts of goodies.  I can't wait until much of that produce will come from my garden again instead of having to buy it. 

I also tried my hand at homemade bagels yesterday.  They turned out pretty good.  I wanted to use up those two containers of cream cheese in my fridge.  I don't usually have that either, but had them from a previous gathering/brunch.  I may have to keep experimenting with various recipes to see what I like best. 

All for now!  Lunch is ready!

Comments

  1. Almost wish my frig looked like that. You open mine and if it doesn't fall out on the floor...it is old enough to walk out on it's own !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look