Snow Day and Reward Charts

I'll start first with some pictures of outside yesterday.  We shoveled a path up our back steps.  Here is Abby standing in the snow path.  David's comment about all the snow was that it was the most he's ever seen in his life.
Ana going down the slide into the snowpile at the bottom.

Abby was excited to be so high up in the trees.
After this picture, Ana hopped the fence to play on the other side where there was a huge mountain of snow from Casey's parking lot.  The simple joys of life.
I realized I don't have any pictures of David outside.  He was in the process of hunting for his glove when I was taking these pictures.  My hand got cold holding the camera (hard to push buttons with mittens on), so I took the camera inside before we played some more. We went down the street to a friend's house.  He shovels his driveway all winter long into a huge pile on the side of his yard.  The kids use this pile to sled down and occasionally snowboard.  Here is a picture of Ana snowboarding last year.  We didn't break out the snowboards yesterday as the snow was still too soft and fluffy to make a good run.
I have been using a reward chart for the kids lately.  They each have certain things they can do to get a mark depending on issues they stuggle with (good attitude in school, practicing horn, etc).  It's been working well and they get to earn marks towards various rewards listed on their chart.  So yesterday Aaron and I were talking about giving David piano lessons (yes, I'm still struggling with it.  You can read about my angst here).  So anyway, I was telling Aaron that perhaps I need a reward chart to help my motivation level.  So he made me one!  I'm so excited about it!  I can earn a mark for giving piano lessons, and for making sure I get my exercise in and a few other things.  Here's a picture of it.  I made it large so you can see it better.
And I can cash in my marks for things like a date night, movies, ice cream, having the family (excluding me) clean up the house, chocolate, and more!  I've never been so excited to exercise in my life!  And I get a bonus 10 marks for when I get the taxes done.  Motivation!  Guess what I'll be doing tonight?  You will notice a reward of "plant trees".  I believe this is when Aaron called in the girls to help him with ideas.  Abby thought I might like to plant some trees.  Not sure where I will plant these said trees when I earn that reward.  Maybe I can switch it to flowers or vegetables. 

Once my reward chart was made, Aaron felt left out of the deal, so he asked if he could have a reward chart.  So I made one for him.  He can earn marks for his exercise, doing the dishes, and hanging out with me in the kitchen while I cook supper.  He earned two marks last night.  : )  Yes, we're like little kids.  But it makes life a lot of fun! 

Other happy notes, I got to go to town all by myself today.  It was a treat.  Aaron couldn't get into work again today, so he stayed home.  That meant I could do my grocery shopping all alone.  I also made a longer than normal library stop.  I got a little lost in the world of books without having other little people around to keep track of.  And to top off the day's goodness, avocados were on sale for 69 cents each!  Yea!  I'm starting to have a serious love for avocados.  I dream about new ways to use them so that I can eat more of them.  The kids don't like them, so I don't have to share with them.  Aaron likes them, so I usually eat them during lunch time so I don't have to share.  Am I the only one who does things like that or do you do it too?  Please tell me I'm not super abnormal?

Comments

  1. You always have me to assure you that you're not alone in your abnormality. :)

    I'll give you reward points for taking me to Golden Delight (1), taking me to Stringtown (3), and giving me endless raspberries (1000).

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you are not abnormal...if you are....you got it from your mama. Hummm....wonder if I can talk your dad into making me a rewards chart !!! I can just see it...10 pts for getting him food ...5 pts for getting him a glass of water.......huh.....HA ! Might work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look