Weekend Date

So my weekend was awesome.  I started it being unusually social (for me).  I spent nearly 7 hours in the coffee shop with several different people at various points throughout the day.  My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.  I also had an evening out with some long-time friends at their house.  Definitely got my socialness in for the week all on Friday. 

On Saturday, I woke and had a quick workout in the morning and then got the kids ready to go to Grandma's house for the day.  Aaron and I were going on a date for most of the day!  We didn't have huge plans for the day.  We mainly drove around Iowa and made a couple of stops here and there.  I did convince Aaron to stop at a coffee shop/soda fountain (yeah, I'm addicted to coffee shops) like place in Oskaloosa that looked promising.  Aaron was skeptical that it might be too girly for him with what he terms "girl-food".  But, there was enough "man-food" there to satisfy him and the ambiance was quite fun.  I made a good lunch choice.  I had spent all day planning on when I would eat ice cream that day, because what's a date without ice cream?  The coffee shop did serve ice cream, but I was too full from my "girl-food" to eat any at that moment.  So I passed.  I thought perhaps we would stop on the way home somewhere, but nothing looked appealing and I ended up with no ice cream.  I was surprisingly okay with that.  Since I've been cutting back on the sweets I eat, I find I don't crave it as much as I used to.  Weird. 

Anyway, our date day was perfect.  We spent lots of time just driving around Iowa and talking.  I loved it.  I really like spending time with Aaron.  The kids had a great time at my parent's house.  They invited us to stay for supper and enjoy some pizza with them.  Okay!  Thanks, Mom & Dad! 

Yesterday afternoon and evening was lazy.  I like times like that.  We don't often have lazy afternoons at home together, so I cherish them.  Abby got to spend the night at her best friend Grace's house, so things were quieter by 1/3.  I read.  I got my school plans for the week done.  We watched our obligitory Sunday TV.  David and Ana played together very happily all evening.  We did eat ice cream last night.  So that made me happy. 

I had planned on taking my camera along to take pictures of our date.  BUT, according to my usual ways, I forget it.  Again.  So this post will remain pictureless.  Sorry.  I'll someday get better at pictures.  Until then, you're stuck with my ramblings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look