My fridge

I received a complaint yesterday that after going so many posts without any pictures that when I did finally post some pictures, it was only of my fridge.  So, I took that complaint seriously and in honor of it, I decided to post another picture of my fridge.  This one's for you, Sara.  Notice the shelves teeming with produce?  Makes my heart happy.
I could have also taken a picture of the two bags of cutie mandarin oranges I got (though it's already depleted from yesterday), the pile of pairs sitting on my counter, the avocados, bananas and tomatoes.  I'm a happy girl.  Can't wait to eat it all.

So I came home from my grocery shopping excursion to a heavenly sight sitting on my stove.  A pot of noodles and chicken. 
My friend Kim makes these and since we were having our Bible study group over last night, she brought them over early on her way through town.  If you've never had Kim's homemade noodles before, here's what they taste like: imagine that you die and wake up in heaven.  You are offered a bowl of some heavenly food to eat.  When you eat it, it tastes exactly like these noodles.  Seriously amazing.  I may have had to try out some noodles throughout the afternoon just to make sure they were still good enough to serve the rest of the group.  I tried to make sure to leave a few for the rest of the group.

And now, so you remember that I do have kids and don't just rave about food all the time (Sara), here are a few pictures.  My goofball Abby at her finest goofball self.  She's a funny little girl.
Ana saw me get the camera out and turned her back on me with a scowl.  Guess she didn't want to have her picture taken today.  She and David are quite enthralled with Garfield comic books.  I remember liking them a lot as a kid, but now I find them really irritating.  But those are their fun books they get from the library.
We did do a quick library visit yesterday while we were in town.  That's the highlight of the day for David.  His favorite fun read books are Asterix and Obelix - they have a fairly dry, witty humor to them.  I enjoy them and David cackles with delight while reading them.  He's also getting into the Gary Larson Far Side comic books - that's right up my alley too.  It's hard to motivate him to move for several days after library visit day.
However, the temperature is currently 66 degrees.  Awesomeness.  In celebration, I made everyone go out with me to walk a mile or so before school to enjoy the warm air.  There were some grumbles at first, but soon Abby discovered the joy of stomping through puddles, and Ana started skipping and skipped for about half of the mile, and David fell into a happy trance/rhythm of walking.  I may have to do that more before school when we have those nice warm days.  They are back outside walking together right now enjoying the even warmer than this morning air.  I may have to join them soon.  It's supposed to get back to coldness again.  But I sure do delight in these warm, spring will be coming soon breaks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look