Official First Day Shots

Since I didn't do a good job yesterday in filling you all in about the girls' first day of school, here is a more complete overview along with pictures taken by my dear husband. As I said before, they were both a little nervous about going, probably Ana more than Abby.  But Abby takes her cues from her beloved big sister and was parroting most of the worries Ana was speaking.

Heading out the door!


Beginning to short walk to school
Aaron walked with them the first day and he said by the time they got to the top of the hill leading down to school, they had found some friends and went happily scampering off to school.

Ana is more introverted than Abby, so once she got home, she spent a couple of hours just quietly reading and getting some quiet and alone time.  Once that was out of the way, she told me quite happily about all the fun things they did and about her class, teacher, and classmates.  I think she will have a good year, though she's a bit sad that she only has two recesses this year.  At her dinner time prayers, she thanked God for having such an awesome first day of school. 

Abby, who is more extroverted, came home telling me about all the new friends she made.  She told me that she invited one of her new friends to come over and play after school soon.  I asked her who it was.  She told me she didn't know her name. "Well, don't you think maybe you should find out her name and get to know her a little better before inviting her over?" I asked.  "But Mom, how will I ever get to know her better if I don't play with her a lot?" was the reply.  I think she will do just fine in the friend department. School wise, she seemed excited about all they did and really likes her teacher. She told me in great detail about many different things they did that day. It was fun hearing her excited chatter and catching up on all they experienced. I think I will need to make it a habit to set aside a good half hour or hour at school dismissal time to listen to chatter and let them each share about their days with me. I think that's going to be my new favorite time of day.


Comments

  1. Good idea...you always here the most soon after they arrive home. Those are special times.
    Cherish each one. Little disappointed though that you gave us the abbreviated version instead of EVERY little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they both smiled the same for their pictures! So glad they both enjoyed their days! That had to feel good to you - confirming your decision!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look