Birthday Season!

Yesterday was my birthday. I finally turned 34. I've been saying that I'm 34 for about two years now. Now I can stop correcting myself. I'm not sure why I was so stuck on 34.  Guess I wanted to be that age for awhile now. Anyway, it was a fun day, but nothing too out of the ordinary.  I started celebrating it the night before since I knew the day of my actual birthday was going to be busy.  I made a nice dinner - chicken and sausage jambalya, my favorite tomato/cucumber marinade, garden green beans, and cheesy garlic toast.  Yum!
We topped that off with some peach pie I had made that day. It was discovered that there was no ice cream to go with the warm peach pie, so we had to run downtown to get some. What's birthday peach pie without ice cream?  It was every bit as good as it looks. : )
On my actual birthday, Aaron took me out for lunch. I had planned on being a good blogger and bringing along my camera to take pictures of our lovely mid-day date, but I forgot it as usual. He took me out to the Olive Garden where we enjoyed our unlimited soup, salad, breadstick lunch.  I could seriously eat that stuff everyday! Then we went grocery shopping. Romantic, I know, but really it was quite fun! And of course, what's a birthday date without ice cream? A quick stop at DQ for some mini-blizzards. I was much too full from lunch to cram in anything bigger than the mini size. But I managed.

In the afternoon, the girls and I went to cheer on David at his first ever cross country meet.  I felt a little teary eyed as I watched him run by me. My little boy isn't so little anymore. Since Aaron is the high school coach for CC, he was already there at the meet.  So we got to see him as well for a bit.  I did remember my camera for this event, thankfully.

He did pretty good for a first meet. I didn't hear his time, but I think it was about what we expected. He seemed happy with his first race of the year, despite it being quite hot and muggy out.

Here he is from a few days prior to that with his medal that he won in a 5K road race. He came home and told me he got 1st in his age group... and that he was the only one in his age group.  Oh well, he seems to have had fun and winning a medal is always fun no matter what!
So now my birthday is past, but I still hope to milk it a little bit longer since I still consider it my birthday season. We'll see how much I can get from it. At least another ice cream and/or chocolate something, don't you think?

Comments

  1. It was/is your birthday AND you're pregnant. Dude. You can have ice cream WHENEVER you want. Milk it!

    PS - Do you guys have any names picked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..like Mother ...like daughter...the teary eyed part when your child is involved in ANYTHING !!!! David looks rather tall in the group CC picture. So excited for him. Glad you had a great birthday. You can still milk it by going out for a meal with your mother. Name the date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed your August birthday!! Happy Birthday a little late.

    David is going to be an amaing runner just like his parents.

    Will you come cook for me?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look