Decluttering

Whew! It's hard to believe it's already August.  Time sure is flying by. I've kept myself quite busy the past few weeks. School will be starting soon and so that means last minute summer projects are underway!  Here are just a few things I've been up to lately:

1. Cleaning out the girls' room.  Things got quite a bit out of control up there. We were waiting for some cooler days to venture into the room to clean it out before school starts, as their room gets to be stifling in the heat of the summer. Yesterday and today were the days to get it done.  We sorted and cleaned and ended up with two trash bags of clothes to pass on to a friend (we have a great source of hand-me-downs for which I am super thankful!).  We also got rid of three trash bags of "stuff" to lighten up their room.  It feels so good to have that done.  A special thanks to my MIL for her help on the morning of Day One - it got us much farther along in the process than if we were just doing it ourselves!
I am also eyeing ways to organize my bedroom closet for when our little girly joins our family.  She'll be staying in our room for awhile since I am not very coherant in the middle of the night for feedings.  The less I have to walk, the better.  So last night, I scored an organization thing for our closet.  Aaron and I have the right side and baby stuff will be on the left.  It was so fun putting the few little things I have for her away today after I got it put together.  A thanks to my two favorite daughters (for now) for helping me put this together!
With the month of August comes my birthday season! Normally, I don't get myself anything for my birthday.  When I say I don't get myself anything, it means I have happily released Aaron from the task of trying to come up with a birthday present every year.  I am quite content with a night out to eat with either him or the whole family.  But this year, I decided I wanted something specific. With my coming roll of new motherhood, I will be sitting a lot more during the day with feedings and snuggle time. I decided that I wanted a Kindle Fire for me during some of those sitting times. I asked my mom if she could contribute part for both my birthday and Christmas and we would cover the other part. My gift arrived yesterday!  It's so exciting.  I feel so mainstream.  I've had fun playing around with it and downloading all the free books I can find that look interesting to me.  So far I've only waded through about 800 possibilities out of 54,000.  I love it already! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to me!
Other things I've been doing, but don't have pictures for:
  • school plans. I'm trying something new where I am scheduling out David's entire year of schooling instead of doing it week by week.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm almost done, which is good since we are starting school early this year due to an early December break for baby.  His first day will be on this coming Tuesday.
  • walking - it hasn't been going so well lately. My kidney infection stopped my walking for about a week, then we took a vacation, then it was super hot and I didn't wake up early enough to walk, and now I get so busy that I keep making lame excuses.  I hope to change that again soon and get back into the routine of walking.
  • canning - my tomatoes at my parents place are going bonkers.  Canning season has begun and while I enjoy the final product, this year it's a little harder to feel the energy and motivation to get it done.  I may be giving tomatoes away.
  • getting rid of clutter - I'm sick of the mess I'm living in, so need to declutter big time! It feels so good to get rid of things.  I just have quite a few rooms in the house that need my attention right now.  I will get it done. I just have to remind myself that it won't happen all today like I want it to.  Pacing is good. 
What projects have you been up to lately?

Comments

  1. I got a Nook for Christmas and now I can't live without it. I'm hoping to get pregnant later this year and I have already said "I'm so glad I have the Nook for all the sitting and breast feeding." Last time I watched the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we could help you into the 21st Century (Kindle) Ha !
    You inspire me to start the decluttering craze again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great storage unit and birthday/xmas present!

    I'll be glad to can tomatoes for you for a share of the final product...though if we get more rain, my tomatoes may revive! Let me know :) Love, MomK

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will LOVE the Kindle Fire for all those nursing sessions! You're going to be quite the facebooker late at night. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look