First Day Success!

We had a great first day of school with David!  I think he even enjoyed it and was happy with his work.  I love starting off a school year on a good note like that.  I worked very hard the past few weeks in getting the lessons all mapped out and written down.  I'm not sure how many hours I poured into it, but I hope that it will free up many hours in the future of this year.
I told David that this planner is now his life for 7th grade.  He must take good care of it and it will lead him well. He will learn to use it and rely on it to keep him on track and keep him organized throughout the year.  While I told him he may not get everything done in one day that's listed, he should have it done by Saturday at the latest.
Here's our nicely organized school cupboard.  The most encouraging part of today was our writing class. That is the one subject we have butted heads on the most.  He despises writing and acts as if I'm trying to kill him when I have him write anything.  This year, I chose a curriculum that is DVD taught (yea for me not teaching!) and then breaks things down very simply into bite sized steps that he can manage.  He ended up today summarizing and rewriting a little paragraph essay with the highest quality of writing that he's ever done.  And it was without any complaining!  It made my morning when I read over his work! He felt quite proud of himself when I complimented him on his work - as well he should!
The girls happily played upstairs most of the morning while David worked on school.  I tidied things up while he was working independently.  I still had time to make these beautifully horrid little things. Peanut butter chocolate whoppie pies.  Three of my favorite things combined into one.  Thankfully I only made a half batch as I'm sure I would gain about 50 extra pounds of "baby weight" had I made a full batch.  They are frighteningly delicious and also frighteningly unhealthful.  It's the first thing I've baked in a long time. 
It also put me in the mood to bake some bread.  So now I have the heavenly smell of bread baking in my oven as I write this post.  I can't wait for supper. I'm also making my marinated fresh tomatoes as part of supper so that we can mop up the marinade with the fresh bread.  Sometimes it's so fun to cook when pregnant as the anticipation of good food is like Christmas morning all over.

Tell me what good food you have cooked or baked lately? I always enjoy finding new cravings!











Comments

  1. I was just remembering my little organizers that I had from 6th grade through college. They sure did help me remember what I needed to do. I would make sure I had done what was in there before I picked up a "fun" book.

    I am always reading books about decluttering, and the last one I read made me wonder if I didn't have some ADD going on along with my mood disorder. The way the book was describing how ADD interferes with an organized household made me realize I had EVERY SINGLE ONE of those problems. Hence the remembering about the organzer and wondering whether it might help me declutter my house? Basically, the book said that "messies" don't like routine tasks, and get distracted with more interesting things to do. They don't tolerate mindlessness. And a lot of housework/ organization is mindless tasks. Messies also lose interest before getting tasks done, so they don't finish and/ or don't put things away. Sure sounded like me! Maybe I can address some of these issues with an organizer and not struggle as much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look