First Day

The girls had their first day of school today!  They were both very excited, but also very nervous. We got to go to school last night to take their school supplies and unload them in their desks, meet their teachers, and eat ice cream at school.  What a great thing - if I equated school with ice cream, I'd be happy with it too!  This morning, I unfortunately was unable to see them off on their first day of school. I had to take David to his physical - one that you schedule four months ahead of time when you don't know that it will be the first day of school.  : (  However, Aaron did a fine job of seeing them off and he even took some pictures.  I will try to post them soon.  They both had an enjoyable first day and were excited to tell me all about it.

As I said, I took David to his 12 year check-up/physical.  He used to be at about the 80th percentile on the growth chart for his height.  But now his is officially off the top end of it.  I guess growing almost six inches in a year will do that to you.  He has about an inch and a half before he is as tall as I am.  I told him that can be his present for Christmas this year - being taller than Mom.  He didn't quite appreciate that.  We then took our school pictures at Sears.  I was a bad mom last year and never got around to getting real pictures taken of him.  This year, we didn't put it off.  Here are a few of my favorites of my big handsome boy. 


Another first today is David's first day of cross country practice! It makes Aaron and my little parent hearts happy to have a child enjoy running! Maybe he'll even find his future wife on the team like Aaron did. On second thought, let's not think about him growing up that fast. I'm looking forward to going to some of his meets and cheering him on.  So here's to a happy and blessed school year for all three of my awesome kiddos!

Comments

  1. He is a handsome boy. I still have not figured out who he looks like? Any thoughts? Also..a bit more detail on the girl's first days...you are not going to get by that easy !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is so very handsome and grown up! I think he looks a bit like Brian. Looking forward to the photos of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a handsome mix of two fine parents! Love the 3rd photo :) Yes, more info on the girls first day too! GrammaK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of David! He's so grown up now! Not at all the gangly, toothy boy we last saw. (Does that sound mean? I just mean we all go through that sort of awkward middle-school phase - mine lasted almost til college, unfortunately - and David has grown nicely into a young man!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so much like you! Such a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He also looks a lot like Brian. Definitely has some Dickel genes going on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look