Summer Goods

So I had meant to take pictures of my latest summer garden creations so you could drool and feel jealous, but apparently I couldn't control the urge to eat it all before the camera made it out.  So you'll have to imagine a fresh peach pie piled high with whipped topping - made from peaches off our own tree. 

Then I realized that I had everything ready in my garden to make some fresh salsa.  I used home-grown tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, onion, and garlic.  I didn't have any cilantro on hand, so I had to use store bought along with some lemon juice and salt.  YUM!  I LOVE fresh salsa and could eat a lot of it.  That's why there is no picture of it.  Because I did eat a lot of it.  And then Aaron ate the rest of it. 

Today is grocery getting day as we are out of most staples.  I don't think I've gone grocery shopping since before we left on vacation.  The cupboard/fridge pickings are pretty bare right now.  Time to restock! 

My question for you: How frequently do you go grocery shopping? I go every 2-3 weeks but sometimes think it would be easier to go weekly.  I think I'll try to go every two weeks during the school year.  I would usually go every three weeks because that's when our library books are due.  Is that weird to schedule shopping trips around when library books are due?

Comments

  1. Nice to make us all drool. I have had your peach pie...so good. You could have shared it with your parents...I am not sure you ever finished off your dad's dessert of the month presentyou gave him that one year...lets see ...in fact I am SURE of it....Ha ! Hopefully your memory is as bad as mine. As far as shopping goes...you know my pattern...there isn't any. I am the worse shopper....either don't make a list or if I do...I forget it and get home with lots of stuff and nothing to make a meal with ! Glad you didn't inherit that part of me !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look