Q & A Time

Since I seem to have lost my ability to take pictures again - I think taking so many pictures during our vacation did me in - I will now give you post of random questions and answers all about me.  I know you've been dying to find out these little bits of randomness about me, so without further ado, here are the twelve most pressing questions you have all wanted to know.

Q: What did you have for supper last night?
A: "Summer Stomach" was in full swing last night, so grilled chicken salads it was.  Also had a glass of freshly made lemonade - I decided it was time to turn my lemons into lemonade.  Yum!

Q: What would have made your supper perfect?
A: Corn on the cob to go with my salad.  Sadly, I have yet to eat a single ear of corn this summer.  I'm nearly wilting from my longing.  I need to find a roadside stand very soon, or just move to a house with a huge yard so I can grow my own field of corn.

Q: What is your favorite time of day during the summer?
A: Hard to say, but I would think the time when I take a cool shower and stop feeling gross and sweaty, followed by going to my bedroom (which has an window AC unit) and lying down in my bed.  Ahhh.  The perfect end to a hot day.

Q: How do you stay cool during the day?
A: I don't.  The kids have discovered that our bedroom is the coolest room in the house - even though we turn the AC off in there during the day.  They spend much time playing in there, which makes for a quiet house.  I try to fold my laundry in there.  Last night, all five of us were hanging out in our room after supper because we were all so hot.  I have discovered that I am cold-blooded like a reptile.  My body temperature reflects that of the air around me.  I do prefer warmth to coldness and can tolerate heat much better than most people.

Q: What are you excited about?
A: School starting!  I really like starting new things and trying new things.  There will be all sorts of new things to do this school year!  I'm also excited about baking LOTS of desserts for my sister's upcoming wedding in September.

Q: What is something new you've done recently?
A: Took my mom to a water aerobics class.  I think I was the youngest person there by at least 30 years.  We're going to take a one night cooking class together this fall.  That was my birthday gift to her.  : )

Q: How is running going?
A: Decent.  I've found that if I run continuously for over 30-40 minutes, I get achy painful foot again.  But, I can run 15-20 minutes at a time separated by 10-20 minutes of walking, my foot doesn't bother me much at all.  I can get more distance in that way.  Not my preferred method, but at least I'm moving!  I covered 7 miles this way on Saturday.

Q: What's one food you can't stand?
A: Liver.  My parents enjoy liver, as was evidenced by the fact that we had it for supper five times a week for the first 10 years of my life.  I'm not sure what happened after that, but I don't remember eating it as much when I got older.  I vowed to never voluntarily eat it again when I grew up and would never make my children eat it.  Aaron, however, decided to make dinner for us one night a year or two ago and found some liver in the freezer (the reason I had liver in my freezer was due to the fact that I bought half a cow at once and the liver unfortunately came with the meat - but it was on it's own separate shelf so it wouldn't contaminate the good meat with its putrescence).  The kids thought it was great fun to enforce the rule of trying everything before declaring you don't like it.  So I ate a small piece.  Still don't like it.  Unfortunately the kids thought it was great.  I told them they can eat liver whenever they want, as long as I'm not near them when they do.

Q: What's your favorite food?
A: My kids ask me this all the time and I never know what to say.  Everything except liver?  I just really like food.  Probably anything simple, fresh, and healthy would be on the top of my list.  Ice cream, cookies, and cheesecake would be the other things I add to that list.  Can't really say those are healthy at all.  How I wish they were. 

Q: Would you rather be eaten by a bear or eat ice cream?
A: Abby asked me this question yesterday.  I told her I'd rather eat ice cream.  The kids are really into asking "would you rather..." type questions.  David's questions for me are always centered around me eating buttered popcorn jellybeans or some other unpalatable idea. Buttered popcorn jellybeans are another "food" I despise.  David loves them.  We have a good working relationship with flavored jellybeans.  He eats those nasty ones for me.  I eat the rest.

Q: Will you ever get a job outside of home?
A: I don't know.  We would like our kids to try out public high school when they reach that age.  So I have 9 more years until Abby is at that age.  I guess we'll see what life is like at that point in our lives.  I would enjoy finding something part time that I really like doing, even if it doesn't make much money.  I won't be in a hurry to find anything the moment I'm free.  I really do like staying at home and being all domestic.  I know many people look down on that and feel like it's a waste of talents or not helping out the family financially.  But I truthfully really like being a homemaker.  It's a good fit for me. So once I don't have a good "excuse" for staying home and the kids are all grown up, I'm sure I'll have to face a lot of those issues and challenges in my life.  But for now, I'll just enjoy the phase I'm in guilt free.

Q: What's on your to-do list for today?
A: Cleaning my kitchen! Something about sticking your hands in hot soapy water just isn't appealing when you're already hot and sweaty.  I have a bit of catch up to do in the kitchen area.  I also have a bit of office work to catch up on and need to fold the laundry.  I will also order the kids around a bit and have them clean up their messes strewn about the house.

Now it's your turn!  Pick a question or two or three or all of them and answer them in the comments.  I like random information!

Comments

  1. For dinner last night I had a bean burrito and chips and salsa (from a favorite mexican restaurant) and frozen yogurt - from a self-serve place (you decide your own size and flavor and add your own toppings from the toppings bar). It was completely awesome.

    To do for today: work. haircut (I'm chopping it off!). a little laundry. reading over lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll answer..but first let me correct the 5 times a week for the first 10 years of your life....actually it was 7 time a week for.....No truthfully we perhaps had it once a month because it was a cheap meal and in those days ...everything had to be cheap.

    The questions I will answer..What is your favorite time of your day in Summer? It use to be morning when I could go outside and listen to the birds sing. It still would be if I were not so tired and did not have to go to work in the morning.

    What is something new you have done recently? Gone to water aerobics class...kicking and screaming...but turned out to be not so bad...I was the second youngest person there...tells you how old the class was.

    What is your favorite food......mash potatoes !

    I envy your getting to stay home. That was the best 13 years of my life....staying home and being a mom !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look