Happy Days

Hi again!  I had a nice post the other day and when I went to publish it, it disappeared, never to be found again.  I didn't feel like typing everything again, so I didn't.  Therefore a little longer than usual from my last post.  Sorry for those who check regularly for updates (Mom). 

Anyway, we had a busy week last week.  We had out of town guests staying in our house Thursday-Saturday.  They stayed in the kids' rooms, which meant I had to find the floors and beds up there.  The kids and I worked quite hard and made things look quite lovely up there.  I'm quite pleased with ourselves.  I got to spend three days with my lovely friend Kim.  She's 32 weeks pregnant and in better shape than me - a bit depressing.  : )  We went on a long walk together Saturday morning and I told her to set the pace and distance.  We ended up walking 7 miles at a 15 min/mile pace.  I'm crazy impressed.  But she has also already run two half-marathons during this pregnancy, and ran a pile of full marathons the summer before she got pregnant, so I really shouldn't be surprised that she can still kick me to the curb. 

Anyway, after they left, the house got very quiet.  The kids went to spend the night at a friends house.  Then the next night, Abby spent the night at her friend Grace's house and David went off to his week long camp stay.  Ana was quite lonely, so we made sure to spend a little extra quality time together.  Here we are before we played some games together during the day yesterday.
Then just when she started to languish from loneliness, a friend called and invited her over to play.  I had a lovely quiet morning all to myself.  The girls are back home today and invited another friend over.  They are quite happily filling up balloons with water and making a wet mess outside.  I put towels down the kitchen floor so they could run back and forth on that from the sink to outside and not make too huge of a mess.  I guess it's a good way for me to mop my floor now.  It seems to be a perfect way to have fun and stay cool on a warm summer day.

The rest of the week is quiet and unfilled.  Ball games are done for the year.  Yea!  I think tonight we have wild raspberry picking on the agenda.  Makes me happy.  I don't like real black raspberries, but I like the wild ones. 

Your turn: what's your favorite way to cool off in the summer?

Comments

  1. Kick you to the curb? Hardly! You kept up just fine - and had much less swollen fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to come help you decorate, but it will be a couple months! Eat some wild raspberries for me, please....Love MomK

    I got a kick out of the updated wall decor in the girls room! Have you considered getting them a black board? OR you can buy black board paint and turn a portion of the wall into a drawing wall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Idea. If you don't mind a black wall...the blackboard paint is great. Or hanging a blackboard or hanging a big white board in their room for very own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have that blackboard paint I can let you have... Aiden isn't here anymore, so you are more than welcome to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look