A New Experience

Something happened to me yesterday that has never happened to me before in my adult life.  I ran out of things to plant in my garden spaces.  I currently have three gardens.  I'm tempted to take a fourth, but I'm pretty sure that will stretch me a little too thin (I keep telling myself that).  I have my own little garden at my house and I filled that up awhile ago.  I also am helping a woman down the street from me with her garden.  She's travelling all this month and will be gone here and there throughout the rest of the summer, so in exchange for taking care of her garden, I got some more space and get to enjoy the produce of what she's already planted.  I am also in charge of the garden at my mom's house.  So I had some glorious space to plant all sorts of things there.  I had a work day over there yesterday and got it all weeded and finished planting things.  I planted the things I had available to plant there and then I looked around and saw a strange thing: I still had room!  I've NEVER had more than enough space.  I always wish I had more room to plant things.  It was lovely.  So I ran over to my grandma's house to see what seeds she had left that I could use (it was there that I became aware of that fourth garden space to use if I wanted it).  I ended up finishing up my planting and had little happy feelings all day long. I got it done just in time for a nice rain to water everything.  Now to keep my sanity as I care for all it!

Comments

  1. Just be glad I don't have the BIG garden I had when you were small....you would have had enough space to feed the "world" ..or at least Wellman ! (I can always help...my arms still work)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can just call you the traveling gardener! Hope you have a bountiful crop. Love MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look