Shopping Score

We went on a field trip yesterday.  It was a learn to canoe field trip for David's age group.  Ana's age group had indoor activities at the nature center and Abby stayed with a friend.  The weather was fine all morning until about 15 minutes before we arrived at the destination.  It decided to start raining.  By the time we were ready to canoe (after watching two snakes eat some mice in the conservation center), the rain had become an annoying cold drizzle.  We survived and David learned to steer a little bit better.  Ana had fun indoors staying warm and toasty.  David and I were cold and wet and ready to get warm by the end.  Before heading home, we stopped by Walmart for a few necessities.  We scored a few more things than I was planning on getting. 

Score #1 - Half price Easter candy!  I hadn't gotten the kids their usual chocolate Easter bunny from me because the few times I looked prior to Easter, they only had the ginormous over $5 chocolate bunnies.  I opted not to buy those because a) I don't want my kids eating that much sugar and b) I'm cheap and not spending $5 per chocolate bunny.  But I will spend 50 cents for a chocolate bunny and 48 cents for nasty peeps.  Everybody in my family thinks they are awesome except for me.  I will delight my family for 48 cents.  Moral of the story: go Easter candy shopping the day after Easter.
Score #2 - new whiteboard and markers.  Our markers were destroyed by a hoarde of children playing with them last week.  I was amazed that they ruined every single marker.  We missed having a good white board and functioning markers last week.  I am now a mean mom and will not allow any child (other than my own - who already know how to take care of them) to play with the whiteboard and markers.  The new whiteboard will also not be used as a dartboard or stepping stone like the previous one.
Score #3 - Straws!  I can never find straws to buy when I want them.  We happened upon them in two separate aisles yesterday, so we bought a pack from each aisle.  : )
Score #4 - Shoes for David.  He was complaining that his shoes were letting in rocks and hurting when he ran in them because they were getting so old and broken down.  We saw these on clearance for $5 yesterday.  A definite bargain.  It also helped because his feet were sopping wet and freezing cold from canoeing, so we bought a pair of socks to go with them and he had warm, dry feet on the way home.  Here are his shoes in front of mine.  I can't believe his feet are getting so big.  I have very big feet.  I often have to look twice to make sure I pick up the right shoe when these are near each other. 
That was my excitement yesterday afternoon. 

Do you love to shop?  The only shopping I like to do is grocery shopping (I know it's not usual, but I really like food).  Are you a serious bargain hunter?  Have you scored any deals lately?  And do you have big feet or nice, small, pretty feet?  - I hit a size 10 in 6th grade and thankfully stopped there.  I never felt it was fair that my sister who is taller than me by a couple of inches has smaller, prettier feet than I do. 

Comments

  1. Well on the subject of feet...sorry...another wonderful thing you inherited from me..BIG feet. At least your are long and narrow not
    10 EE wide feet...now those are big feet !!! I am not a bargain shopper..after years (when you were growing up) I did without..so now...I buy what I want (within reason) regardless of the price. Luckily for my pocketbook...I do not enjoy shopping anymore so I do not shop that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have family discussions about feet. My cousin Lynnette has size 7 feet with a real high Barbie doll arch. I have wider feet but a nice arch. So we compare them when we are together. Family thinks we are vain. Its feet we walk on them and for packing us around each day they should be celebrated.

    Now lets talk bargains. If we lived someplace that had double or triple coupons I would so take advantage of that. I would be like those ladies that buy 400.00 worth of stuff for 4 bucks. My mom does that in arizona but not that much worth. They will double a coupon up to a dollar. That would be a fun challenge. I sometimes buy things then have buyers remorse. Doesnt matter the price 5 dollars or 500. I can make myself miserable. I loved to go to Pennys for 80% of clearance. 300.00 worth of stuff for 12 dollars or something insane.

    I most always shop at fareway. I go there so much I can see when things I buy go up each week. I take along a hyvee ad and they will match it. So those sweet hot deals are always there for me to take advantage of. Sorry to hear about the dead whiteboard. Hope you gave it a nice burial. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I convinced my kids to wait until the day after christmas and easter for their candy, so they could get twice as much! I was a bad mom and didn't limit their sugar as much as you do (had to pick my battles!- don't kill your brother seemed more important at the time!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look