Thank You!

First of all, I want to say a big thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you who left a comment on my last post or sent me an email.  They gave me piles of warm fuzzies.  I didn't write my feelings out to get back pats, but mainly because I was tired of feeling bad and listening to the whiny voice inside my head.  So I thought if I wrote my thoughts out it would help me with my whininess and aid in promoting an internal change for me.  And I ended up getting bonus back patting too.  : )
So, that aside, let's get on to my favorite topic... food!  Strawberries are starting to get cheaper in the stores and less green looking, so I bought some at our local grocery store (actually I got them for free since I was able to redeem them using my "points"!).  I told Aaron I wanted to make some strawberry shortcake with them.  I was appalled when he was indifferent to that idea and then had the audacity to say that he doesn't really like strawberry shortcake all that much.  All I have to say is that the boy is lucky to still have a functioning pair of eyeballs.  I chose to ignore his wishes and proceed with my former enthusiasm for making shortcakes.  He did let me know that they were the best he's ever had and that he liked them.  He's sort of forgiven now. 
The kids and I saw these really cute carrot patch cookies to make for Easter dinner in the Family Fun magazine.  We couldn't resist.  They turned out really cute - the girls loved helping me make them.  I enjoyed it too.  I really like to play with food.
I think they are best when eaten right away. The moisture in the frosting concoction in the middle seeped into the wafer cookies overnight, so they were kind of soggy and not very appetizing by the next day.  Sorry to everyone who had one on Easter dinner - I didn't try one until after I got home.  Thankfully I also made some angel food cake with more strawberries and whipped cream for the real dessert.

And here's a picture just so you remember that I'm cool.
Aaron got camera happy again last night and so I usually end up making faces in hopes that he'll stop taking pictures of me.  Sometimes it backfires.  Did you notice the amazing stack of dishes in my dish rack?  I do not believe in drying my dishes.  I see it as a wasted chore since they will get dry eventually if you leave them alone.  I have become a brilliant dish stacker because of this belief. 

So are you a dish stacker or dish dryer?  Or are you one of the blessed masses who owns a dishwasher?

Comments

  1. Oh, I am the queen of dish stacking! (Just ask Brian.) My goal is to see how high I can stack them, or maybe it is just sheer laziness. In reality, I am envious of those with dishwashers. :) And just so you know, though I don't ever comment, I am an avid reader of your blog! -kd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I of course am one of the Blessed ones who thankfully owns a dishwasher! (Didn't for the first 25 years of marriage) But for the two weeks recently that it was broken....I faithfully dried them. Makes me crazy to have dishes piled. Does this make me "anal" ?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a stacker - a picky stacker, at that. The first year I worked at camp Friedenswald I was assigned quite a bit to kitchen duty. My friends and I had contests to see how high we could stack the dishes. That involves thinking carefully about how the dishes are put in the rack. To this day I am very spacially aware as I stack the dishes and find it annoying when the other person in my house just plops items in willy-nilly. I try to be grateful that he is doing the dishes and not comment on the stacking. MomK

    ReplyDelete
  4. the strawberry shortcake looks delish...didn't know my son didn't like shortcake cause I used to make it a lot as a main dish during berry season. Perhaps he didn't like mine so much because it usually contained wheat germ and other healthy additives! MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look