Crazy and a Haircut

Hi again!  I had a super busy weekend.  I was going to try to post on Saturday, but ran out of time.  So here's a quick post for you to enjoy.  I went on a 9 mile run on Saturday.  I haven't run that far since my marathon last October.  It felt nice, but somewhere in the midst of it, my mind left good, sound reasoning and I decided that it would be good to take an ice bath once I got home to help my legs not get sore or injured.  I have heard the wonders of what an ice bath will do for you after a long or hard run.  So, I got everything ready once I arrived home (cup of hot tea, portable heater in the bathroom cranking, tub filled with cold water and ice cubes).  Here's proof:
My goal was to make it 10 minutes.  However, I was a super huge pansy and couldn't make it more than one at a time.  So I would sit in it for about half a minute, get out and let the pain from coldness subside for half a minute and submerge again.  I did that for about 7 minutes.  Not sure I will do it again.  I really dislike being cold. 
I also decided it was time to get a haircut since I haven't gotten my haircut for over a year now.  Yep, I needed it.  Here's my hair pre-cut.  Have you ever realized how difficult it is to take a picture of the back of your head in a mirror?  Try it sometime.

I didn't get much cut off - just trimmed up and so it's less jagged and frayed at the ends.  Now it makes me happy.

Today, the girls and I planted our early vegetables in the garden.  Yipee!!!!  Makes my heart happy!  I have a tiny yard and have to squeeze in my garden in bits and pieces.  This is what my garden looks like.  It's about 5 feet by 50 feet.  I can get a surprising amount of stuff in it, but not nearly enough as I'd like.  But this year I will have the space at my mom's house to have fun.  (Don't worry, my little garden gets full sun in the summer time - just not as much in the early spring)
Ana wanted her own little 5x5 plot to take care of all by herself.  So here she is planting her little plot today.  She has some snap peas, beets, carrots, and radishes.  That was her choosing of things to plant.  She's very excited to have her own plot.  She asked me that if she does a good job with this plot this year, can she have two little plots next year?  I said sure! 

So that was the quick highlights of my weekend.  What made your weekend good?

Comments

  1. BRRRR...and ice bath! I have heard of a therapy in which one puts one's varicose leg(s) into ice water but haven't tried it.
    Gardens are so wonderful - hooray for Ana planting her own - she's a child after my own heart! My newly planted seeds are beginning to emerge. Weather here has been chilly though, hence I am procrastinating in getting some necessary outdoor work done today...letter coming later. Love MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look