Happiness Is...

...having your son volunteer to bring cookies to the end of season cross country party, and then making them all by himself without any help or reminding from me.  Aren't these beautiful?  They tasted delicious too!
David's cross country season is now officially over.  He is sad.  He loved it so very much.  Now it's the long wait until track season starts. Soon the high school cross country season will be over too and then Aaron will join him in that sadness and anticipation of track season.  Districts are this week and state is the next weekend.  The nice thing about CC being over is that I'll get to see my husband a little more in the evenings as he won't be at practice or meets anymore.

Happiness is also cleaning your grimy windows.  I try to get my windows clean before winter sets in and I'm stuck inside looking out more and more each day.  Today, I tackled my kitchen windows.  They are so clean and shiny now - it makes me happy every time I pass by them.  I would show you a before and after picture, but it would embarrass me too much for you to see how disgusting they were.  Instead of tackling the rest of the windows today, I decided that I'll just do one or two a day and keep at it until I get at least the main windows done.  It won't feel like such an overwhelming task for me then.  I've learned to do that with my laundry now.  Instead of having one huge overwhelming laundry day, I just do a load or two every day and it gets done, the clothes get folded and put away, and I keep up with it.  Yea for learning how to handle things after 14+ years of married life.

And happiness is taking special trips with the kids. The girls didn't have school on Monday, so David skipped school too and we went to Bloomsbury Farm to spend a gloriously warm day outside doing all we could do there.  I took this one picture.  Then I put my camera away and enjoyed the day.  I wasn't able to be as active with them as usual, but we still had a fun time together.  I think I need this rocking chair in my house. I'm sure I could find a place for it somewhere.
What's something that causes you happiness?
Also - check back tomorrow for a pregnancy update post!

Comments

  1. If you mean besides you....just having a day anymore of feeling good !!! Also a little thought or hint or whatever...I don't think my windows upstairs have been clean since I use to send you out on the roof with a bucket and a rag. Gee...I can't believe I did that. I think you enjoyed it..but as I have gotten older...I would not dream of sending my grandchildren out on the roof to clean my windows. It would frighten me to death. But of course you were such a dare-devil and loved to climb trees ..so it didn't seem so dangerous then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need that big chair so Abby's bear has a place to sit! - K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my tilt-in windows which can be cleaned without going outside! I like to keep a clear view of the woods, garden and wildlife! - K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 100% certain that David's cookies are better looking than any I have ever made.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look