6.5 Weeks To Go!

I guess we're back to poor quality self portraits in the bathroom.  Here I am with my torpedo belly.  Isn't it lovely?  When I'm pregnant, I only stick straight out.  I never "drop" - probably due to the fact that even if the baby drops down, there's still a whole lot of baby left to fit in my uterus!
- I'm doing pretty good for the most part.  I'm definitely getting ready to not be pregnant again.  And the thought of having a baby instead is making me excited.
- My level of achiness and general weariness is increasing, but that's to be expected.
- My belly button is sticking out farther than it ever has before.
- The baby must be sucking the calcium out of my bones as I'm craving milk and dairy products like you wouldn't believe. Normally the thought of drinking a glass of milk just because it sounds so good would have never crossed my mind.
- The baby is also sucking the iron out of my blood. I was anemic on my last blood draw, but I upped my iron intake and feel way better than I did a few weeks back.  Less lethargy is always a good thing.
- I'm only slightly panicked by the thought of everything I want to get done in the house with the time and energy I have remaining.  I need to make a priority list. My "nesting" phase is kicking in big time.
- My other three pregnancies have been summer babies.  It's hard to bend over and put on shoes all the time instead of slipping on a pair of sandals when going out.  Maybe I'll just go out in slippers from now on.
- I didn't reach my initial walking goal of 10+ miles a week, but I'm still walking - sometimes feels more like waddling - as much as I can.
- This child is destined to be a sprinter with the furious rate of movement she has.  I'm pretty sure she's reaching her 10+ miles of movement goal every week. Too bad her exercise doesn't allow me to eat more.
- I'm learning to eat smaller meals and then just eat more often as my tummy can't handle much by way of big meals anymore without letting me know it didn't appreciate it with heartburn.  That's not to say I always follow that rule, but I'm getting better and it's helping with nasty heartburn.
- I'm also slowly taking over our bed with pillows. If I prop myself up with several pillows, I can sleep decently in my own bed, and not my couch bed. Aaron has not complained about me encroaching on his territory so far with my load of pillows and my 5 minute roll over procedure when I wake up at night.  What a good husband I have.
- The girls still hug and kiss my tummy many times each day.  Now some of their little friends at church are starting to do that too. It's pretty amusing.
- All for now!

Comments

  1. Excited to meet the new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable pregnant! I wish I had a big, sticky out belly when I'm pregnant. Mine was very large all the way around. I never stuck out, just around. It was not nearly as attractive as yours. Yours would make great belly pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when you commented about your belly button. Mine does the same when I'm pregnant. I was telling my husband that calling it a belly button no longer seems accurate...it's more like a belly knob or a belly handle. Can't believe you only have 6 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look