Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a great day celebrating. I had meant to be a good blogger and document my day for your viewing pleasure. I started off pretty good. Aaron took me out for breakfast. I love our breakfast dates. The day starts off on such a good note and my happiness just continues throughout the day. And look! I took a picture of us together! Aren't we cute?
And look! I took another picture of us!
Then I tucked my camera in my purse so I could take pictures of the rest of my day. Miss Keilah and I drove over to my dear mother's house and picked her up to have a fun day in town together. The only things we had planned were getting a grill for me (I guess I could consider it a birthday gift since I purchased it on my birthday - in actuality, it's just that we found a good deal on one and wanted to get it while we were in town). Anyway, besides getting the grill, we were going to have a trip to Costco along with eating some lunch. So I drove us to Costco and went to get out my card so we could get in only to realize that I left my wallet with my card in it sitting at home. :( Mom claimed that I ruined her day out with me. I told her to stuff it since it was my birthday and I could do what I wanted, which apparently meant I could forget my Costco card. (Use your imagination to insert a sad faced picture of Mom and me here) So with that plan scratched, we went out for lunch at Chili's. I got a very yummy sandwich and they gave me a birthday brownie with ice cream. It was delicious! (Now insert a nice picture of me with my mom and Keilah enjoying my birthday meal, along with a picture of my delicious dessert). I came back to my parent's house to drop Mom off and worked a bit in my garden in the 100 degree heat. (Insert picture of sweaty me triumphantly holding bags bulging with green beans and tomatoes.) Then it was time to go home where I found my two sweet girls had made a treasure hunt for my birthday. At the very end of the treasure hunt, this is what I found (and look, I have a real picture now!)
They bought them with their own money and were so delighted to give them to me. Such sweet little girls I have! I shared a bit with them, but told them I was planning on savoring them as slowly as possible, so they are currently hiding in my freezer until I can't stand not having a little square again. Yum!

And now some non-birthday pictures. David, my herbivore, loves to eat herbs of any and all kind. He munches almost daily on herbs as he goes outside anywhere. This morning, as he was grazing on our creeping thyme, a bit too much came up in his hand when he went to pick a sprig.
Keilah is still delighting in exploring her world. I had a small tub of cornstarch in our room as sometimes I put that over her diaper rash cream when her bottom is sore. Keilah found the tub and learned how to take the lid off.
Cornstarch mustache! 
It's been really hot here this past week - around 100 every day (kids keep getting early outs since not all the buildings in the school district have AC). We hung off on putting our AC on in the home, except for our window unit in our bedroom. Therefore, most of the evenings, the family would hang out in the coolness of our room while the rest of the house sweltered. We have since turned it on as the house was up to 92 inside on Tuesday night. Anyway, Keilah enjoys finding her diapers and eating them. 
She can just peek above our bed when she's standing on the floor. David took this picture of her. I think it's adorable! 
I picked a few apples at my grandma's. Keilah found them and enjoyed distributing them evenly along the kitchen floor. 
And that's all for now! Hope you are all having a great week so far!

Comments

  1. I have since recovered from my horrible disappointment of not seeing the inside of Costco....! Perhaps next year on your birthday.
    Love the pictures and really love the ones left up to my imagination !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! That treasure hunt is the sweetest idea ever from your girls. I'm glad your garden is doing so well... mine punked out this year.
    Jan (visiting from Company Girls)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Company Girls Coffee

    Happy belated birthday!! Breakfast date sounds like a great way to kick off your birthday. Sounds like an overall fab day with the fam. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look