She Smiles!

Finally! I've been eagerly awaiting those precious smiles from my little girl for 6 long weeks. The past week we would get a few little ones here and there, but not the whole light up your entire face smile that I love. Today, Keilah was in a very happy mood and spent a lot of time smiling up at me. It just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to look into that sweet face that lights up when she looks at you.
Aaron and I are always amazed by how babies break down any barriers that people construct. A baby smile bridges all sorts of social gaps. Our favorite story was when David was a baby (he was the smileyest baby you've ever met) and we were sitting at the DMV waiting our turn to get our licenses renewed. We ended up sitting beside some rough looking biker dudes - leather, tattoos, lots of facial hair, bandanas - you get the picture - the kind of people you don't want to meet in a dark alley. Anyway, little baby David started grinning at them and the next thing you know these two biker dudes are soft little teddy bears cooing and grinning at David and using all sorts of cute baby talk to him. Go ahead and try to be grumpy around someone who is doing this to you:
She still has her moments of looking concerned and alarmed though. Last night I was rocking her to sleep and had just gotten her to drift off when Aaron let loose with a ginormous belch. It startled her awake and she wailed in fright. David found it quite hilarious. He's still giggling about it today when he thinks of it.

Speaking of David, here he is keeping a protective watch over his baby sister and lovingly putting her pacifier back in every time she spits it out as she drifts off to sleep in the safety of her brother's presence. And no, his sharp little elbow is not resting on her. 
And finally, today is the day that I WILL finish taking down the Christmas tree. I've been telling the kids that we're doing that every night. So far we have only achieved taking off the ornaments. I WILL do it. I WILL do it. Tonight. Yes. I. Will.

Are there any other trees still up out there? Or am I the only one who has yet to put it away?

Comments

  1. WOW so cute. I can hardly wait to see her smiles in person....she looks so much like Abby ! Email me a few of those smiley pictures so I can print them off....please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you Keilah smiled little smiles at me twice the day I kept her - very cool! Love the photos! I must stop by soon and see the smiles in person.

    Yes, our tree is still up and will remain until Monday the 21st. I will probably leave the fake berries and candles out for a while longer as they are so cheery during the winter.

    momK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling smiles, but what really gets ME excited is seeing David read a big book like that! Gotta love us bookworms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her little face! And the picture of David and Keilah is so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look