New Year's Randomness

Here's a picture of my three favorite girls. I love them all so much!
Abby LOVES her little sister greatly. Out of all the kids, she is the one to pay the most attention to Keilah. She happily carries her around, plays with her, and takes care of many of her needs. I actually find it quite helpful to have that extra pair of hands eager to hold the baby when I need to get something done. I love too see her love on her little sister like that.  I hope Keilah will appreciate it as well.
Our New Year's Eve party was low-key, but fun.  We went to some friends house for the early part of the evening. It's always fun to hang out and chat while the kids run off and play happily. Abby, Keilah, and I were at home by 9:00 as Abby wasn't feeling the best and I didn't want her out super late. Aaron, David, and Ana went on to another friends house after we left and stayed up until midnight. Abby wasn't too upset about not getting to stay up that late as she got some special time at home with me.  She got to watch a short movie with a cup of tea and a cookie before bedtime for her. Once she was tucked away, I got out a puzzle for once and enjoyed putting that together. I really enjoy puzzles, but only do them at this time of year. This was my first one, and probably my last one for the year.  : ( 
Keilah was sitting in her bouncy chair yesterday and Ana gave her little antlers out of her cute little slippers. David took a look at her and noted, "It looks like Keilah has grown two feet."
All in all, 2012 was a great year. I can't wait to see how awesome 2013 will be!

Comments

  1. Melissa, your story about Abby and Keilah makes me think about how my oldest sister, seven years old, had to take the caretaker role for me because my mom was too depressed to care for me. I was a big baby too, so she probably looked a lot like Abby carrying me around!

    David has quite a sense of humor. I love the word puns your kids come up with! Be sure to show them the "Why English is hard to learn" post of mine on FB. They will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby stayed home with me and Jaelle on New Years Eve because both of them were not feeling so good. So Abby and I played chess- which she beat me pretty quickly and then we read a book outloud together. It was such a nice evening. Cornelius and Becca went to church to play games and party but got back by 11:30pm to do a devotional and then kisses at midnight. It was a fun quiet night and special for just me and Abby. :) And my Abby is always helping me with Jaelle- sometimes I feel like I take advantage of how much she helps!! But I think its good practice for an 11 year old. She's such a natural at it too. Love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look