Running, Cookies, and Pictures

I suppose some of you don't care about running and find running pictures of my son redundant. (hey look, here he is running through a field again - big whoop!) If you are one of those people, I apologize. Sort of. I, however, love running pictures - especially when they include my favorite son. My mom and I went to another one of David's meets on Monday.  We had a good time watching for him and cheering him on.  This meet, he was the first boy on his team.  He's slowly improving his times and ability and really catching the running bug. *sigh of parental pleasure*  Since I'm not running right now, I'm living my running life through him. Once I'm done being pregnant and have recovered from labor, I aim to get back in running shape.  I told David he had better keep running through the winter if he wants to continue to be in better shape than me, because I'll be coming for him a few months.  We're not at all competitive in this family.
Final 50 meters.
I also learned a great way to get a preteen son really interested in cooking.  When he complains that there are no cookies in the house, tell him there would be cookies if only he would make some.  He will then very happily commence baking cookies while you are in a meeting. Once the meeting is finished, he will proudly share said cookies with everyone, basking in the glory and compliments of delicious cookies. It's a win-win for everyone!

Today it was Ana's turn to go to Sears with me for her session of school pictures.  Here is a small sampling of what I had to choose from.  I sure do love my oldest princess.  She said her mouth hurt afterwards from smiling so much.  But she did a great job and it made my job a little harder to pick my favorite pose.


Comments

  1. Again ...like mother ...like daughter....I lived my inner-athlete (that just wanted to come out BUT never did) through all three of my children ...HA (that comment coming from a straight A student that almost flunked gym...I couldn't walk across the floor without tripping BUT I do love watching sports)! Luckily for you guys...you actually do have talent. It is fun watching grandchildren now compete. Thanks for taking me along !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mind photos of my oldest grandson running! Yay for improvements! And I LOVE the photo of Ariana with her hands behind her head - she looks so natural and radiant!

    I don't suppose there are any cookies left.... :) GrammaK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, David! He's improving really quickly - definitely has the running prowess of his parents!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look