Sick Day

Abby had a fever yesterday and stayed home from school. She didn't feel good at all. Thankfully, she had a huge bear to lay on top of her and help her feel better
The bear also makes a good snuggling and sleeping partner and pillow.
Today, she is feeling a bit better, but still staying home to make sure the fever doesn't come back later on in the day.

This morning, David came to me and said, "Dad commited one of the classic dishwashing blunders last night."  Just what is this "classic dishwashing blunder," you ask?  Leaving the dish water in a sink full of dishes.
To his defense, he was happily washing dishes for me when he got interrupted by a phone call and forgot what he was doing before the phone call.  But the family knows that there is nothing I detest more than fishing my hand down to the bottom of a sink full of cold, dirty dishwater to let it drain out.  No, I exaggerate. I detest large spiders and centipedes more than cold, dirty dishwater.  But whenever I find a sink like this, I leave it until the offender arrives to take care of it.  It's become somewhat of a family joke as it apparently happens frequently enough for everyone to know my strong dislike of it. 

What are some of your random pet peeves?

Comments

  1. Dishes "soaking" in cold, greasy, yucky dish water is at the top of my kitchen pet peeves list! A tip for times when you really must have the sink, is to take a pair of tongs and pull the drain plug so you don't have to immerse your hand in the vile liquid. MomK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Abby is feeling a bit better. No doubt that the bear has helped in her recovery. Give her a hug and kiss from GrammaK

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh..I am glad Abby has her bear to make her feel better. So sweet.
    And I agree about soaking dishes. The worse I ever came home to was after my first child (not you) were born and I came home from the hospital to a WHOLE WEEK'S worth of dishes soaking. In your father's defense...he thought he was doing a good deed by putting water in them to soak. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, a bit OCD here, and I do the tongs to pull the plug bit too! NEVER reach in to cold greasy dishwater!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look