Mended Heart

Today was a good day for Abby. She had an early out from school today, so I took her to Sears for her school pictures. We are not doing school pictures at school since she is in the habit of this bizarre "smile" when a camera is in front of her.  Sorry this first one is blurry for some reason. 
She just wouldn't smile right for anything with these pictures.  I was getting very frustrated.  This one is sideways and I don't feel like going back now and changing it.  Another not normal smile picture.
Finally I got her thinking about her riotous bath that she had with Ana last night.  And finally, she started smiling normally.  Success!  Except her shirt was poofing out weirdly, but at least she looks happy.
After pictures, we played at the mall play area for an hour.  She had her best friend Grace along with her today, so they had a grand time playing.  Then off to Costco to pick up a few things.  I had heard a rumor that the big bears were back.  I didn't say a word about it to Abby in fear of another heartbreak for her.  But soon, we spotted them.  Abby was ecstatic and nearly shivering with glee! I had brought along her savings for it just in case.  This is the one she picked out. (another bizarre smile)
After purchasing big bear (currently named Fluffball), a stop for ice cream was necessary in the deli.  Abby of course, not smiling normally, with her friend Grace.
Feeding some ice cream to Fluffball.
She told me that she wouldn't need a bed anymore as she would just sleep on top of Fluffball now.  Here the sad face is due to jumping onto Fluffball from the stairs and missing, ending up banging her forehead on the floor.  Fluffball will make everything feel better.
So now we have a ginormous bear living in our house.  I'm happy for Abby, but not necessarily happy about the size of it.  I suppose this is a good bargaining chip for keeping her room clean.  Fluffball may have to go and live on the back porch if the bedroom can't be kept clean.  We'll see some good come out of this yet!

Comments

  1. Hee, hee! Funny girl! I took Shannon last week for pictures and the only time she cracked a smile was when she saw her picture go up sideways on the monitor. The bear looks fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! That bear is HUGE! Will she be bringing it to my house for sleep-overs like she did with Bun Buns?!! Well, we do have plenty of space :) I'm so glad her heart is all in one piece again. Hugs and kisses to all, GrammaK

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for Abby. I think the dark brown colored one might have been a better choice...this one is too big to throw in the washing machine....but I don't guess you try to out guess love. If she brings it to my house for overnights...she will have to sleep in the KING-SIZED bed !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for Abby! I had contemplated looking for one online for her... and having it mysteriously show up on the front porch. (Softy substitute gramma!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I had told the story of the "lost bear" to my husband and we both mourned her loss. He's as happy as I am that the story has a happy ending. Hooray for Fluffball!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look