29 Weeks and Never Shopping Again

I finally have a picture of me that I didn't take myself!  Here I am with 2 1/2 months to go! Last week I got asked six different times, by six different people if I was having twins.  No, I'm not.  But thanks for kindly letting me know I look like a tank. I felt a little emotional last week about my size.  I'm not, nor will I ever be one of those tiny, cute, little pregnant women.
I would think that since I'm taller than many women that I would be able to hide a little more of my pregnancy in my torso length.  But my babies like to pop straight out and show the world that they exist.  Working at a countertop or stove is getting a little more cumbersome.
When I do dishes, my stomach is always getting wet as it sits closer to the water.  I've slightly burnt my tummy a few times too when it gets against the hot stove. 

Abby is still in love with Fluffball, though she complained once that Fluffball hogs up a lot of the room in her bed.  But she makes a good chair for reading.
After we had Abby, I got rid of all my baby clothes.  I passed them on to my good friend Sara.  I babysat for her two little girls from their infancy for several years, so I was more than happy to see my girls' clothes get some good use.  Now Sara is returning the favor of passing on all her girl clothes back to me.  It was so fun to go through them all and remember things my girls wore when they were little, along with the newer clothes that her girls wore when I babysat them.  I think we're set with clothes!  I don't think I'll need to shop for clothes for this child at all - I may need a few more of the 0-12 month stuff since we might be off partway through various seasons with sizes.  We'll have to see how big this baby is. Once she hits a year, we'll be set though!    Here are all the clothes from 0-3T.
My favorite find/flashback is with these purple boots.  Both of my girls adored these boots and would tromp around the house with them on all day long. It was so fun to see them again!
Did you save any baby items for your kids?

If you've ever been pregnant, how did you carry your babies during pregnancy?

Comments

  1. Like Mother like daughter...everyone always thought I was pregnant with more than one...no ...I am just a beached whale (or so I felt like one) And you ARE one of those cute little pregnant women !!!! Love the stove picture...made me laugh! No baby items kept...after 34 years...the moths would have eaten them anyway. Wow...if you change your child once a minute...it might be months till you have to do wash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you look like you are pregnant with twins. I honestly just thought--she is so small that it looks like all baby and you have no fat on you to hide the baby. :) I think you you look very good and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an adorable pregnant lady! If you want to see a pregnant tank, you should see me when I was pregnant. I was GIANT. You're tiny in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little jeans jacket that was Tom's as a baby was special, but I don't think I got photos of any of our kids in it. I think it is in Cadie's "wardrobe" right now...And the little red polyester hooded jacket that Tom's mom made for Adam that was worn by all our kids and has also been worn by various grands...not sure who has it at the moment...

    I remember those purple boots too - looks like they still have lots of tromping left in them!

    Love, MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look