Ana's Birthday Celebration

Today is Ana's 9th birthday.  But before I get to the celebration of the day for her - here are two exciting (to me) pictures for you to enjoy.  This first one is from David's bling he won last night in the 5K Fun Run he ran in.  He's been training to get a new PR in the 5K - he's previously run two.  His previous best time was around 36:20ish.  Last night, he ran a speedy 26:48 - finishing 3rd in his age division and thereby making him the proud owner of this medal.
The other exciting thing was a phone call I got from my in-laws this morning.  They were at a garage sale and called me to let me know there was a whole pile of maternity clothes for sale.  I quickly grabbed my shoes and wallet and zoomed on out.  I found these two bags stuffed full for only $28 - some single shirts cost more than that!  It made me happy!
And now to the main event of the day - my birthday girl!  We started off the morning with an early morning mother-daughter date for breakfast.  Here she is smiling over her mug of hot chocolate.
She opted for no cake this year and wanted ice cream sundaes.  How delightfully simple (and makes my pregnant heart happy!)  Candles, however, were a must for her sundae.
She took great delight in all her gifts. 

This wasn't taken today, but was taken a few weeks ago when she asked if she could be baptized along with the other grown-ups who were getting baptized that day.

I love my precious daughter.  She is one of the three best kids I know!  : )  I can't imagine our lives without her bright, sweet, caring heart.  She makes me laugh, she makes me proud, she teaches me about compassion and love in a way that I never knew.  I am so thankful to God for entrusting her tender heart to us.  Happy birthday dear Ana!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for another post!

Comments

  1. Love your pictures and such. You say Ana teaches you about compassion and love...I truly think she learned that from her mother. You have always been such a blessing to our family. And happy for the clothes for you..such a fine your in-laws made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is swelling up with love for all of you! I totally agree with cld that Ana has learned from Melissa's example - and Aaron's too! Looks like Ana's birthday party was a success; we're looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow for a little party here...great photos....glad you found such a nice pile of clothes at the garage sale - eager to see you in your new duds! Way to go David on your run. Love to you all, MomK/GrammaK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look