90

On Friday, my grandpa turned 90.  We held a big family celebration in his honor yesterday. We were missing two of my cousins from Texas, but everyone else was able to make it out. What a treat to come together as a family and honor this man who made most of our lives possible. 
He and Grandma have poured so much of their lives into their family and have given so much of themselves.  It's been a harder transition for both of them to start to finally accept help from the family now as they deal with declining health.  They are still living independently and enjoy having family come around and visit them as much as possible.

I deeply love my grandparents and cherish my many memories that I have with them.  I'm also delighted that my own children have been able to get to know them and have them be a part of their lives as well.

Comments

  1. Beautiful photo and tribute - what a blessing to have such wonderful grandparents! Love and blessings, MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look