Treats and Birthdays

Aaron coaches middle school girls track and it's tradition that I make cheesecakes for his running teams at least once each season.  Since yesterday was the last official day of practice, I knew I had better get baking.  There are about 50 girls on his team, so I made a chocolate/vanilla marble cheesecake and a lemon/raspberry cheesecake.  I did have to take out a few small corner pieces for quality control purposes.  I also made about 4 dozen cookies for those weird girls who don't like cheesecake.  When Aaron came home, the only thing left out of all of that was three small squares of the lemon/raspberry cheesecake.  Since I'm pregnant, I  immediately claimed them for myself.  They were good!
Yesterday was also Abby's birthday.  She is now a big six year old.  They went on a field trip at school for her birthday.  It was her first time of getting to ride a school bus, so she was really excited about that.  She is still loving school.  The other night she told me, "I didn't realize public school would be so much fun."  That made me happy.  Here is my big six year old with her cake.  She requested a star shaped cake.  She got to decorate it and her friend from school that she had over decorated the pieces.
The favorite present of the night was her own personal jar of peanut butter.  She loves peanut butter and asked for her own jar for her birthday.  I obliged her.  She also got a few other presents from us as well, but obviously not as well loved as the peanut butter.
David made her a lego mosaic of a jar of peanut butter.  Here is her reaction to that gift. 
And below is a video of her excitement over her peanut butter.  Yes, sometimes we wonder about her...
All in all, it was a good birthday.  She got to have her good friends Grace and Sophia spend the night with her.  They stayed up late and got up super early.  But they were all happy.  There might be a crash time later on today (at least for me!).

Comments

  1. I guess my Build a Bear wasn't near as cool as that jar of peanut butter ! Ha ! Next year I can save myself big bucks and get her TWO jars of Peanut Butter !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video!!! Thanks for making my afternoon happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink star cake - was there pink ice cream too?!! Has she gotten to watch her DVD yet? Will have her overnight sometime soon so I can see it too...MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look