I did it!

I made myself a salad and ate it yesterday!  It was so exciting to eat a salad again!  Notice that I had to cover it with a sauteed chicken breast and sunflower seeds, but that is in fact a bed of lettuce underneath!
It didn't taste too bad to me.  That made me happy. I couldn't bring myself to add other vegetables to it, but I'm hoping that will come.  I need to keep reminding myself to stop grocery shopping like I'm not pregnant.  My fridge has all sorts of lovely produce in it right now that I can't bring myself to eat.  Sigh.  This lettuce and spinach came from my garden, so that helped with the desire factor.  I also added in some fresh dill, parsley and a bit of mint from the garden too.  Yum! 

I have also found that water is back to almost normal for me if I drink it with lots of ice and add a bit of lemon juice to it.  Thanks, Melanie, for the suggestion! 

I've been taking walks during school time for the past few days.  It has been so lovely to be free to do that.  It makes my day - and then usually makes me feel like taking a nap.  But I'm excited to have overcome these few hurdles that have been in my life lately.  It's the little things that all add up to one big pile of happiness.

What little things have you celebrated lately?

Comments

  1. HA! I remember the produce-aversion days. Green smoothies are a good way to get greens in when you don't want to eat them.

    What has your day looked like now that Ana and Abby are at school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, lemon juice helps the appetite and digestion...glad food is going a bit better for you! Hope you are back to eating normally soon! Love, MomK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon in my water was the only way I could drink water during those nasty first trimester nausea days. Oh, I still cringe just thinking about it. I'm 20 weeks now and just acquired my taste for coffee back. That was a huge yippee! I hear ya with the salad thing. I couldn't stomach lettuce or any raw veggies much at all. This too shall pass. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look