Good Weekend

I had a lovely weekend here in my little corner of the world.  My Friday was awesome.  It was the first time in weeks that I felt like a normal human full of energy with no nausea.  It was glorious.  I now have hope for the next week or so as I finish out this trimester that I will again feel human.  Let us hope that this pregnancy follows the example of my previous ones!

I enjoyed my Mother's Day.  I have given Aaron permission to not stress about making the day perfect and buying my expensive gifts.  I really don't want  Aaron to buy me something because he "has to do it".  He's good at doing sweet things for me throughout the year just because.  Those mean WAY more to me than anything else.  I saw on the news that the average American spends $154 on Mother's Day.  Really?  That's the average person - which factors in people like us who don't do anything that costs money.  Wow! 

The thing we did do was to hang out at my parent's house for lunch with my parents and grandparents.  We all chipped in with parts of the meal and kept it simple.  It was a lot of fun hanging out there.  It was definitely a highlight of my day.  I also was on the receiving end of school Mother's Day projects this year.  It was very fun.  Abby brought home a little drawing of me with blanks filled in all about me.  Did you know that I am only 23 years old and weigh in at a whopping 20 pounds?  I also have black hair and green or blue eyes.  My favorite foods are watermelon and muskmelon.  I also look pretty when it's Sunday.  Ana had a sheet full of things she likes to do with me (take walks, garden, cook together).  She had also made some pretty paper flowers in school for me.  At home they made me a special bracelet to wear to church.  David snuck into our room and made our bed for us in the morning.  It was a treat to be loved on by my kiddos. 

School continues to go well for the girls.  They are both really enjoying it.  Abby is excited everyday to go to school and loves to tell me all about it when she comes home.  Everything is new and delightful to her.  Today was pajama day for her class, but she decided to not wear pajamas today because she doesn't "like how pajamas look with school shoes."  I asked Ana how she was doing with school last night as I was tucking her in bed.  She said she really likes it.  Her competitive side is a big help for her there in pushing her to keep going.  She came home very delighted to show me that she got the highest grade on her math test out of her class.  She was a bit disappointed that she missed one problem to give her a 40/41, but happy that she did so well.  Ana also told me that her handwriting is much neater now too when she does her work in public school.  : )  As long as she can harness her competitiveness in a positive way, I think it will be good.  I was very much like her when I was young.  I still am very competitive. Aaron is too.  A few years ago, we went canoeing for our anniversary.  We rented a canoe from a company that dropped you off and picked you up.  The place told us our particular trip usually took people around 4 hours to complete.  Aaron and I immediately looked at each other with a glint in our eyes - a time to beat!  We did it in 3 hours.  No relaxing canoe trip for us - no sir!  Not when there is a time to beat!  Don't worry, we had a lot of fun the whole time and made sure to make fun of ourselves along the way for our competitiveness.

Questions for you:  Are you competitive?  Did you do anything special for Mother's Day?

Comments

  1. Michael and the kids did a special art project for me and later, Michael initiated a walk as a family. Nothing fancy, but the thought that went into it and the quality time made me feel very loved. And YES, I'm very competitive. I got a good laugh out of your canoe story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see pictures of your belly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look