Harvest Time

I love this time of year around here.  I love seeing the fields ripe for harvest and watching as they gather in the crops for the year.  We have a farmer friend and he invited David to ride along with him in his combine as he harvests.  I took David to where our friend was working, fully expecting to see him off and go home.
But our friend invited me to ride along for a pass or two to see what it's like.  I loved it!  It's so fun to see it from that perspective and learn all the ins and outs of harvesting.  I ended up riding along for an hour and a half while the field was finished.  I don't know if David enjoyed it as much as I did.  I would happily go again.  The only downfall of it was squeezing two people into the "buddy" seat while we rode along.  David sat on my lap for some of the time, but he is definitely way bigger than he used to be.  I think soon I'll be the one who sits on his lap!

Have you ever ridden in a combine? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look