Hair Cut

Ana always wants to have long hair.  I am fine with that and would be happy for her to have long hair.  The problem lies in her bad habit of chewing on her hair.  It's not noticable for awhile, but as her hair grows out, I realize that only the back is growing out while the sides remain chin length (or the length it takes to reach your mouth).  After awhile, it starts to look not so nice.  So I have to whack it off, much to her displeasure.  Here she is pre-haircut - notice the length differences.
This is mostly done here.  I had to even up a bit here and there, and then once we washed it, it looked even cuter than the picture shows.
It's actually a pretty cute length on her and she's no longer making this sad, grumpy face about it when she looks in the mirror.
Abby said she wants to have her hair cut short too.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.  I only trimmed the ends on her hair the night I cut Ana's hair.  The last time I trimmed her hair, she was very sad because she didn't want it short.  Not sure I totally believe her when she says she wants it short.  Plus, long hair is fun to play with and make it look pretty! 

Question for you: Did/Do you like changing your hair style frequently?  I had my hair chopped super short in Kindergarten when I was in denial that I was in fact a girl and would never be a boy.  After that, it was always long until David was about a year old.  Then I chopped it short for awhile just for something different.  It takes way more work (i.e. going to a salon more than once or twice a year) when you have short hair, so for this stage in my life I will keep it long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look