What I Do

Now that summer vacation is here (for us, at least), you may be wondering what I will do to fill up my piles of spare time now.  So here are some things I will be doing this summer and hope to accomplish before school starts in the fall, in no particular order.

1.  Garden! - I currently have two gardens - one at my house, one at my mom's.  There's a possibility of getting another one too.  Not sure on that.  So traveling about tending my various gardens will take time

2  Baseball/T-ball - The month of June is ball season.  We will spend at least three nights a week - sometimes four at various games of David's and Ana's.  I am helping coach Ana's team again this year.

3.  Declutter - I am dedicating this summer to lightening up my life.  That includes not only my house, but how I run my life and the organization of it.  I need to bring a certain degree of organization to my life so that I can happily do the things that I'd really like to do.  This will be a big project and take much time and effort.  I am not organized by nature and have work on developing these skills.  But doing the hard work this summer will help me as I add school back in the fall and learn how to teach THREE kids at the same time.  Yikes!  Definitely need to work on my organization!

4.  Spending time working at relative's houses.  My grandparents are aging and I want to spend part of a  day each week doing little work projects for them that they can no longer do.  I will also be helping my mom declutter as well on that same day.  We are both in the mood to get rid of junk this summer.  It's way more fun to do it together! 

5.  The kids want to do the farmer's market this year.  I am still a bit undecided on that one.  It takes a lot of time to get ready for it.  But I enjoy baking things to sell, selling any extra produce I may have (not super likely), and appreciate extra income.  I don't want to overload my schedule though, so I am still weighing the pros and cons of it.

6.  Fun.  I often get too carried away in doing the tasks of the day, that I forget or more likely, don't allow myself to take time to relax and have fun.  Another goal of mine this summer is to do just that.  That goes for doing fun things with the kids AND especially making sure that I do fun things just for me without feeling like I "should be" getting more important things done.

So there you have it.  I'm sure there are other things I do, but those are the biggies.  What about you?  What are your goals or dreams for the summer?  Are you a goal setter?  I'm learning to become one!

Comments

  1. You already mentioned my goal...declutter ! And just to get healthy !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look