Big Events

We've had two very exciting events this past week.  Yesterday was Abby's birthday.  She is now a big five year old.  We woke her up before Aaron had to leave for work, so he could watch her open up her presents.  I didn't find a time to get to the stores without kids at any point before her birthday, but thankfully Ana had a friend who had a birthday party a few days before Abby's.  I let Ana in on the secret that we would be buying a present for Abby as well and we worked out a code on how to talk about what present was for whom.  Abby helped pick out this present because she really thought it was nice and wished she could have it, but understood that it was not going to be for her.  She was very happily surprised to see it when she opened it up.  More little dolls to play with along with an assortment of clothing! 
Later on in the morning, Ana went with her own money and bought Abby a giant sucker at the convenience store nearby.  Abby was very excited about eating it.
\
Abby also got to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa for her birthday.  They took her out to eat - she picked Wendy's and wouldn't be swayed from that idea.  Then they went shopping at Lowe's since my parents needed to get something there.  My mom said she had a great time looking at everything.  I heard from Abby all about the various lawnmowers, grills, and plants that were really fun to look at.  We'll have one more little celebration for her birthday on Monday with her little friends.

And that brings me to my next bit of exciting news:  we're done with school!!!  I had planned on finishing up school by Friday of this week.  However, the kids got super motivated to finish up early and ended up doing the five days worth of school work in just two days.  I was so happy - as much as they were.  So our summer vacation has officially started.  My watch alarm is set for the time we normally start school (since I tend to get distracted in the morning from start time).  The last two days when my alarm has gone off, I smile and think happy thoughts because I don't have to start school! 
Ana made some lunch yesterday and I arranged it on the plates while she got things prepared.  This is how we feel about school being out.  (a bowl of applesauce didn't fit on the plate, but that was also what she got out for everyone)

Comments

  1. Very cute pictures and neat plate of food. I thought as I scrolled down that your second exciting piece of news was going to be that you were pregnant ! Oh well ! Being done with school is the next good piece of news I guess !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look