Weekend Highlights

I keep meaning to blog more than I do, but apparently I am only capable of 2-3 times a week, so perhaps I should readjust my expections of myself and be happy with my 2-3 times per week.  : )  Can you live with that?  More than that will be bonus gravy!  So while I had plenty of good picture opportunities, I only got one picture.  This is it.
It was taken Thursday night at our family tea party.  Aaron had a busy first three nights of the week and wasn't home much, so we had family night on Thursday.  It started with supper, followed by a family tea party (complete with cute little pastries I made), and ended with a movie together.  Fun was had by all.  Movies are way more fun with the kids since they laugh hysterically at most things that are remotely amusing.
  • Friday night was date night for Aaron and me!  The kids were overnight at friends.  We decided on a home date.  We took a walk together, had a nice dinner together (grilled chicken, fresh Parmesan herb bread, salad, and a delicious glass of rhubarb wine), ate ice cream, watched a movie, and just sat and talked the evening away.  Bliss!  I love my spouse.
  •  
  • Saturday - We finished up our date in the morning with coffee and pancakes, picked the kids up, planted a few grape vines, cleaned the house, babysat some kids.  Productive and relaxing day.
  •  
  • Sunday - Great morning at church.  Nice lunch at home (I cooked! I usually don't cook much on weekends).  Relaxed afternoon.  5K Fun Run at Crooked Creek - David and Ana wanted to run it, so I ran it with them to keep them company.  Ana was quite the little trooper - ran 3 miles for the first time in her life in 36:13 - just a bit over 12 minute miles which is awesome for a 7 year old.  She was delighted by the little wooden medallion she got, the piles of food she ate afterwards for the runners. They had an awesome spread. Ana ate two hot dogs, cheese curds, a granola bar, several brownies and cookies, chocolate milk, and an apple.  She also won her age group division (18 & under - only about 4 girls total) which earned her a $5 gift card to a coffee shop.  Ummm.  Ok.  I hope they have cookies there! It's not the one I adore, so we'll actually have to make a special trip to get there sometime.  David did well too.  He finished behind Ana due to a nasty side stitch and some trouble relaxing in his breathing.  I walked a bit of it with him since Ana was happy to go on without us and see if she could pass anyone else (she's just a bit competitive...).  I won my age group (HA!)- there were way more walkers than runners there.
  •  
  • Today - Laundry day. Final count down on school begins - 10 days of school left including today!  We'll be done by next Friday!  Yea!
Tell me a highlight of your weekend!  I can't tell you how much I enjoy your comments.  I love to hear about your days and thoughts.  I giggle to myself each time I see a new comment.  : )

Comments

  1. The highlight of my week was taking our usual Sunday afternoon drive which lasted for 7 hours ! Very relaxing (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?) Sorry don't mean to sound grouchy...I did get to spend it at least with the wonderful(no sarcasm there) man in my life of 42 years...so guess that was the good highlight !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So proud of Ana and David! That's awesome! I'm also highly impressed with what Ana can pack away post-race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIghlight of last week? Going to the O'Keefee Museum in Santa Fe on Sunday afternoon with Tom and two friends! I love O'Keeffe's work! - MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look