Scripture Bath

I had been feeling a little worn down and stressed out this morning. Part of it may have something to do with we have four showings and an open house today through Saturday and we have an inch of water currently standing in our basement. (Boo)  So I was feeling just kind of blah and sad about various circumstantial things, and decided enough was enough and took it all to God. He brought to mind in one quick moment various verses in the Bible that reminded me of his goodness to me. So I took a bit of time to soak in these words. Here they are in no particular order:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. " - Isaiah 41:10

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:33-34

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'" - Hebrews 13:5

So have my circumstances changed since soaking in these verses? No. Am I magically giddy with happiness? No. Am I feeling more rested, loved, and blessed? Yes. That's what counts.

Be blessed, my friends, and check back tomorrow for a post with pictures!

Comments

  1. Very good...we all need to be reminded of those verses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look