Missing In Action

So apparently I haven't posted for awhile. For all you faithful blog readers (Mom), I apologize. I hadn't meant to let it go this long, but I did. I got caught up in several big projects and didn't get them off my plate until recently. One of the biggest things I did was to transition myself out of a job at our church. I've been the church administrator since we started and as we've grown, it has taken up more and more of my time. Juggling the demands of homeschooling, church work, motherhood with a newborn was just too much. My replacement is doing quite awesome and she has learned quickly, so now I'm only on call as needed which will be less and less as the weeks go by. That transition time took a lot of time as we were also in the process of getting an official church office so Aaron could have a place other than our bedroom/nursery/office room to work in. It's been an all around good thing. 

The other major project we did was to put our house on the market! We've always kept our eyes out for a different place other than this as we have outgrown our house for what we'd like to use it for. Last weekend, we found a place that we would like (as in it has all the points that we've been praying for) and decided to put an offer on it. That meant that I had five days to get our house ready to be put on the market. If you've ever been to our house, you will know that I am not the best housekeeper in the world. I have piles and clutter and dirt in more than just the corners. Let me tell you, if you've ever been procrastinating about decluttering or deep cleaning, put your house on the market. It will take away all procrastination. I put in 5 nearly 14 hour days of cleaning, sorting, decluttering, doing all the little projects I had been meaning to do but  kept putting off. Now my house is continually within one hour of complete spotlessness at all times. And I do mean spotless (a little cold and impersonal for my liking, but it if helps it sell, we'll go there). I had some great help with my dear mother in law painting my bathroom and helping with some yard work, my dad helping with two little fixing projects I had put off, and Aaron and the kids. Now we are having fun with showings and keeping it tidy!  The kids are all on board and excited about it and doing a great job of working to keep things clean. Except Keilah. But she's too cute to care that she doesn't help us out.
Here she is in her fluffy dress.
Abby likes to lay beside her on the floor and they talk together. Abby does a perfect imitation of Keilah's noises. So perfect that I can't tell them apart if I'm not watching them. 
All hoods should have ears attached to them. It would make everyone look about 30 times cuter. 
Isn't this hat the cutest thing you've ever seen? My friend has a sister that crochets them and she made one for us! What a hoot! It's a little big for Keilah now, but it will be perfect for next year. 
Guess who learned how to roll over? 
And here's a video for you to enjoy. This is how Keilah wakes up most days. She wakes up happy and smiling before she opens up her eyes. This isn't the best example of her happy wakings. Many mornings, she has her crazy wide open mouth smile going on with her eyes still tightly shut. Wouldn't it be great if we all woke up this cheerful?
Enjoy your evening!

Comments

  1. Love your blog! You are one amazing gal! If I had to get my house ready to put on the market, it would take 5 days per room. Your mom shared the link to the photos of your house and it's just beautiful. I can't imagine it will be on the market long. And Keilah . . . how precious! ...Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet video of Keliah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you are back on your blog. And Keilah must take after her grandmother..me...that is just the way I wake up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunch for the new blog post - I kept looking but figured you were too busy. Love the photos, video and fun news. Praying your house will sell soon! Love, MomKay

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see your posts again! Your mom isn't the only regular reader! :) I'm a little envious of your putting your house on the market. I feel ready, but we're waiting for the right land to come available. All in God's time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look