Daily Life

We're adjusting to life with four kids now.  It still seems weird that they all belong to us. I'm so used to just having three kids.  Both Aaron and I are constantly catching ourselves about ready to call Keilah by Abby's name. Abby's no longer our youngest, though in my mind, she's still my youngest. I'll get used to this eventually. Here is a picture of the cake my friend Sara made for Keilah on our first day home.  Yum!
Keilah got a little more jaundiced than the doctor's wanted to see, so we were sent home with a bili-blanket on Monday when I brought her back in for a bili check.  She has this thing strapped to her body as much as possible. Hopefully it will only be for a day or two that she needs it. I'm thankful that we can do this at home and not have to be in the hospital for it.
Here's a cute picture of all four of my kiddos.  This was taken when they first showed up at the hospital. Everyone was so excited to meet their little sister.
I don't feel like I've had a normal day yet so far.  Sunday, we went to church to show off our little bundle. And the past two days I've been at doctor appointments monitoring her jaundice level. Today will be my first full day at home all day long.  Yea! I'm looking forward to not going anywhere and just hanging out and trying to catch up on a few odds and ends that didn't get done before going into labor. Keilah's light vest makes things a little more difficult as I can't just carry her around the house with me where ever I go. She's on about a 20 foot tether, so we are limited in where we go together. Thankfully, she has been sleeping well, so I just put her down on her blanket when she's sleeping and go off and do the things I need to do then. I've gone back to sleeping on the couch near her at night while she is in her vest since having her in our room is like having a little flashlight lit up while we're sleeping.  The couch feels much more comfortable now that I'm not pregnant and aching all over. I'm sleeping much better now and don't mind the waking up every three hours to nurse. So here's to a good day at home, and to enjoying the minutes of resting with my precious little girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look