It's Hot!

We're surviving the heat over here.  We've even broke down to turn on our AC (that's how hot I've been lately!).  For those of you who know me, that's a big deal.  I just haven't been able to cope as well with a house whose internal temperature is 90-92. 

We had a good 4th of July and kept it pretty relaxed and low-key on our end.  I appreciated that.  This pregnancy mixed with the heat has sapped a lot of my energy and I just wasn't up to having a house full of people like we normally do each year.  David was gone all this past week at camp.  Our house felt a lot emptier this past week.  I will say that meal times were easier as I didn't have to cook for a growing boy.  We were excited to pick David up on Friday morning and see him again.  It felt like he had grown yet another inch since we dropped him off on Sunday night.  He had a great time there, but was pretty wiped out.  He came home, unpacked and then ended up falling asleep in the middle of the living room floor.  Now that's tired!
David gets his sleeping skills from his father.  Please ignore the mess all around Aaron.  I like the nonchalant hand in pocket pose while he sleeps.
And I picked this little beauty yesterday.  My first ripe one.  I will have plenty more later on, but this was the only one turning red.
Other things I have been/will be enjoying this next week from the garden: snap peas, beets, kohlrabis, basil, and green beans, of which I will pick the first fruits of in a day or two!  My in-laws also just dropped off some sweet corn, so I am greatly looking forward to my first taste of corn this year!

Comments

  1. Every time you post I want a belly picture. Just sayin'.

    The hand in pocket is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look