40# of Bananas And a Puzzle

Forty pounds of bananas for just seven dollars?  Yes, please. 
These lovely things will soon be put away in my freezer awaiting to be made into smoothies - just need to get a touch more ripe.  Also purchased with my bananas were 8 qts. of strawberries for $6.50.  Definitely a happy shopping excursion.  The strawberries are already in the freezer waiting to be paired with my bananas.  Mmmm.

I took several days off from school with the kids over Christmas.  We usually don't take very many days off, but we took probably around 6-7 days off over the last three weeks.  It was definitely needed for me.  I declared that I would spend time putting together a puzzle during that break.
I put together not just one, but three 1000 piece puzzles that week.  I love doing them.  It's a perfect way to relax and not have to think about anything I don't want to do - which can turn problematic when I start spending time doing my puzzles instead of daily basic tasks that the day requires (food preparation, cleaning, hygiene, etc.).  So my week of puzzle fun is over for now.  I'll do more another day.  It seems to be becoming a traditional activity for me during Christmas and one I don't plan to abandon anytime soon.

How about you?  Are you a puzzle lover or puzzle hater?   

Comments

  1. A puzzle hater. With you guys...I always feel bad...it takes me so long to find a piece...I go by color..and I don't think you do. Back in the mid-eighties..we were snowed in almost every week for 6 weeks...so your dad and I did puzzles. It turned out the more I did the better I got at it...but now will leave the puzzle doing in our house to you and dad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look