Quick Trip and Cooking

A week and a half ago, we packed up the kids and took a quick trip out to Indiana for the weekend. Our purpose was to have a small reunion with some very dear friends from when we lived in Indiana after we got married. These two beautiful ladies were two of my very best friends as a newly married and lonely young girl. Their friendships are those rare ones where everything just gels perfectly, and even though you haven't all been together for over 11 years, when you see each other, it's as if time has not passed. We spent the weekend talking, catching up, hanging out, laughing, and relaxing. The weekend flew by all too quickly. I was sad to say good-bye, but maybe next time we won't wait 11 years to all get together again!
Jenny (on the right), has all sorts of nail polish stuff and did our nails late one night while we talked the night away. I never wear fingernail polish as it only lasts until I do dishes, which unfortunately is a daily occurrence. Here they are shortly before I did dishes and got them all messed up. :) 
Keilah did great with travelling. On our trip back home, it was dark most of the way. I had actually thought ahead this time and brought along glow sticks for Keilah and Abby to play with. David and Ana were reading with their book lights. Keilah greatly enjoyed playing with the glow sticks and waving them around her in awe. She also learned to hold her own bottle (finally!) during the trip, since I wasn't available to wrench my shoulder out of socket in order to hold her bottle. She has since taken over bottle holding duty in her life.
She has also taken to a daily inspection of my pots and pan cupboard. It is necessary to take everything out and inspect the quality of the pans and shelving. 
After that, she goes to another cupboard and gets out bowls and Ana's cookbook to see if there is anything tasty to cook. 
There are so many cute things Keilah is doing now. She has entered my very favorite baby stage of all time. She has ceased being an infant and her little personality is just exploding and developing more and more every day! It almost makes me want to have another baby just to experience this stage again! 
Don't worry. I'm satisfied with four. For now. No, really, I am!
Tell me: What's your favorite baby/child stage in life?
- So far I'm enjoying every year - I'm up to 13! But I do have a tender spot for 1-2 year olds. 

Comments

  1. Yep, about 18 months and I am wanting another one! Good thing I had C-sections and heeded my docs advise to have my tubes tied after three for safety's sake. But then, I got two extras now... and I missed this stage on them! Boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I went to Hesston with Cheri! My worlds are colliding here a bit! :) She is a lovely friend; so glad you had a good time away with the ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look