It's That Time of Year Again!

Yea! It's cross country season again!!! I LOVE going to David's meets and cheering on my favorite son. He had his first meet this past Tuesday. As a big 8th grader, he did so much better than he did last year - I think he improved his time by almost three minutes from last year (running 1.5 miles yesterday). I got there right before their race started, so I didn't have time to run to my favorite spot to see them run past several different times. Therefore, I didn't get good pictures of him. There he is there on the left. Don't worry, I'll be sure to post more pictures throughout the season of him running by. :)
After cheering David on, I found a shady spot to sit with Keilah and we enjoyed watching the rest of the races from there. She enjoyed sitting in the grass, eating puffs (getting them stuck to her chin) and standing up against me and bouncing up and down and being generally adorable. It was good to see her happy as she had an ear infection over the weekend with a big long fever and was one quiet and subdued little girl all weekend long. 
David ran so well that he placed 9th overall and got his first medal of his team running career. He was quite pleased with himself. The girls were very impressed by his medal too. I think it gave them visions of earning their own medals someday when they saw their cool big brother bringing home his very own hardware. 
And here's a cute video of David and Keilah playing together. He likes doing this to her and she doesn't mind it or fuss about his teasings. You don't have to watch the whole thing as it's just him doing the same thing over and over and her never tiring of it. It just makes my heart smile to see the love between those two.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where Abby shows you something she's very excited about!

Comments

  1. Was fun to see David take off on the race and come in 9th. Our camera needed a new card, so no photos by us; we found a new card today - yay!

    I think David must be engaging Keilah in some sort of toddler CC training!

    Can't wait to see Abby's "surprise"! Know what it is, and can imagine it has some sparkles :) - MomKay/GrammaKay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look