Awkward Years

So my mom found the picture I was wanting of me as a second grader with new glasses. No, not this one. That's me as a baby. :) Aren't I adorable?
Here it is! What amazing glasses these are! The side piece came out from the bottom of the lenses making it look like I was wearing my glasses upside down. I thought they were so cool!
Abby at the same age as I was when I got my glasses.

And while I'm sharing with you my awkward photos, here I am in 6th grade. I was so terribly embarrassed by this picture when we got them back. I didn't realize my hair was so messy when we took the pictures and I also realized that the shirt I loved so much didn't in fact look all that great after all. I remember not wanting to trade my picture with my friends pictures because I was so embarrassed by it.
And this is me around my freshman/sophomore year in high school with my new reading glasses. They were in style at that time. Really. This is at the tail end of my permed big long bangs days. That was also in style for awhile. I think my permed big hair overlapped with when it was actually in style.
I suppose I'll look back on current pictures of myself someday (or my kids will) and wonder just what I was thinking going about dressed like that and wearing funky glasses. Not to say that I'm all that stylish, in fact, I usually feel quite the opposite. But at least I can see that my tastes have changed over the years and don't lag too far behind everyone else!
Are there any other people out there who look at pictures and wonder about their sanity?

Comments

  1. Braces at 30 = LONG awkward years!

    Love the pictures and how completely down to earth you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As they say, we really do get better with age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As they say, we really do get better with age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awkward? Never! Oh man, I am LOVING these pictures! I had the same upside down glasses. They were all the rage. Love the last one of you and the IMS CC t-shirt. Brings back tons of memories. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look