Whew!

We had such a busy weekend, but it was so full of awesome things!  I'm mostly recovered from all we have done.  Here's a quick rundown of the weekend:
  • Saturday morning - take David to his band solo contest and be his accompanist while he plays his horn - he got a 1 rating.
  • Saturday afternoon - make bread and cut up lots of fruits and vegetables for the evening church-wide celebration to end the week of prayer and fasting.
  • Saturday - CLEAN THE HOUSE!!!
  • Saturday evening - finish making supper (sandwiches, chips, fruit and veggies) for all the kids who will be dropped off at our house, welcome the babysitters, leave for our church worship time and have an AWESOME time together as a church.  I really deeply love the people of our church.  I couldn't ask for a better group of people to do life together.
  • Saturday late evening - welcome the two missionaries from South Africa into our home - they will be staying in our house for the next two days.  That was the main reason for the frenzied cleaning - we needed to find the beds in the girls' room so they would have a place to sleep!  Click the link above to read more about what sorts of amazing things these very ordinary people are doing.
  • Sunday morning - have an awesome time of worship at church, teach the kids during Sunday school time.
  • Sunday lunch - open invitation to anyone who wants to come over for frozen pizzas and leftover foods from the night before so they can hang out more with our new missionary friends.
  • Sunday afternoon - go to the church sponsored roller skating day and hang out behind the concession stand and enjoy some time with friends.
  • Sunday later afternoon- come home to find husband doing dishes after he's already cleaned up from lunch.  Smile.  Finish a few food prep things and sit down for an hour to recharge and get ready for the evening.
  • Sunday evening - Super Bowl party.  Aaron's a little too extraverted for our house size.  We ended up with around 30 people crammed into our house.  They all brought food.  There was plenty to eat!  Lots of fun, lots of laughter, lots of noise.  Fun side note of realizing I was related to a couple there when I said I knew I was related to some people with their same last name, living in that same town.  Turns out it was them!  Kind of fun to find that out.  : )  And yes, that's the kind of party Aaron loves to have - throw open the doors and invite all sorts of people whether you know them or not - turns out you may be related to some of them!
  • Sunday late night - clean up the kitchen, flop on the couch and hang out with our missionary friends (who by now feel like old friends instead of new friends) until too late.  But oh, so much fun! 
  • Monday morning - sleep in a bit, drink coffee with friends, take friends on a tour around the area, eat cheese curds, say good-bye to friends, tie up all loose ends from the weekend, have a couple of meetings, go to bed at 9:00 and sleep hard all night long!
  • Tuesday morning - wake up refreshed and renewed and delighted by all the awesome things that happened in the weekend.  Revel in the all the friendships I am blessed with.  Take delight in all the new things God is doing in my own life, and in the life of our church.  Feel excited for living life everyday, even when things get a little too hectic.  Make a plan for taking some time this week to completely relax and do something utterly unproductive, yet necessary for my own well-being.
So there you have it.  Everything seemed to happen on one weekend, making a little too full.  But thankfully, it isn't like that every weekend!  I was proud of myself for doing only the bare minimum and cutting off unnecassary things on my to-do list, as well as delegating what I could.  I am learning!  Yea me!  I know I said I was going to be sharing more about our school this week, but you'll just have to wait until tomorrow to hear about that.  ; )

What did your weekend look like?  Where were you most recently blessed?

Comments

  1. My weekend was as full as yours. Although I did not have people over so cleaning my own house was NOT on the list. What a great and awesome weekend. I hope everyone had some sort of awakening. I did and tonight I am going to Cedar Falls to a fund raiser for Alternatives which is a place that helps pregnant women. Bruce Wilkenson is the speaker. Should be great! Thanks for being part of my family Melissa. You inspire me and give me strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome daughter I have. I am proud of you but reading about what you did this weekend makes me want to take a nap from exhaustion !!!! Ha ! Wishing you a fruitful but calmer week ahead !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look