Sew, Sew, Sew

So I obviously didn't post pictures as soon as I had hoped about our sewing project day.  Sorry to those who were anxiously awaiting my update.  Our sewing day was only for the girls last week as one of my sewing friends was sick, so I couldn't do all three at once.  The girls each decided to make a kitty.  I let them pick out the fabric of their choosing and my dear neighbor Miriam came with her sewing expertise to help us.  Abby's role was a little less than Ana's due to being little and the pattern was a little harder for little fingers.  But here she is happily stuffing her kitty.

Ana did more of the work by herself.  I helped guide the corners and curves as she sewed.  She did the rest.
The almost finished product.  We still have to sew on eyes, nose, whiskers and mouth.  The girls are delighted in their kitties.
David started his sewing project today.  He is making an organizer that hangs over the seatback of the car.  It's a bigger project and he is more interested in the end product than the actual doing.  So we decided to take it in smaller chunks of time to make it more managable for him.  I think once we get to the sewing part, the interest level will rise as he sees his project take place.  It's just the cutting and laying out and marking of pieces that feels tedious. I'll post pictures once it starts taking a little more shape. 

And all of this sewing got me in the mood to get out a sewing project I started about 4 years ago.  I'm making a quilt/blanket.  I worked on it Saturday and doubled what I had done many years ago.  It's an easy piecing blanket that doesn't take much precision or patience, so I'm good with it!  I'll post some pictures later on when I have another work session or two under my belt!

Do you like to sew?  (I originally wrote "are you a sewer?" but that didn't quite look like what I wanted to ask.   I'm not much of a "sew-er" but I'm definitely enjoying it this time around!

Comments

  1. perhaps the words you want are tailor or seamstress, not sewers! heehee - the girls did a great job. Eager to see David's project soon! - MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look