Not a Cheater Anymore

I think my last post was my confession on cheating by eating ice cream while on my 21 day challenge with my mom.  I would like to report to you that I am not a cheater anymore.  I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies on Wednesday and didn't eat a single one - nor did I eat any dough.  It took some amazing self-control, but I did it!  There are some cookies waiting for me patiently in the freezer, though.  : ) 

Here are a few pictures from our lives for you to enjoy.  The girls made themselves some cardinal masks the other day.  I found them dressed in all red (and pink), sitting in a nest (the couch), and pretending to be "sticking up hair birds", which is the name they have given to cardinals.  I like Ana's "feather" sticking up on the top of her head.

One morning before school, I gave each kid a mug of hot chocolate, a candle, a fork and some marshmallows to roast over their fire.  They thought it was the best thing ever.  It was fun entertainment.

Deep concentration.
I got this red pot for Christmas from my mom.  I like it.  It's cheery and red and makes me think happy thoughts when I get it out. 
Apparently it makes Abby happy too since she drew my red pot (filled with green beans) at church on Sunday as something she thanks Jesus for.  It's nice to know she's easy to please.
What random thing has made you smile lately?

Check back next week for some fun posts of our upcoming week of school.  It's Life Skills Week for us!

Comments

  1. Hearing my kids hanging out with my dad in the living room, laughing and playing away, is making me smile. :) We're enjoying our time with family before we head back to Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a string of red chile pepper lights - a memento from our beloved adopted state, New Mexico - hanging by the breakfast table in the kitchen which makes me smile whenever I see it. Red is the color of passion and power - I guess one of it's powers is to make us happy! - MomK

    ReplyDelete
  3. At your dad's favorite hang-out...Menards...I saw a large painting of the outside of a stone house and it's patio with a table and chair and hanging baskets of red flowers. It appeared to be from another country but it just made me happy and it made me smile. Maybe because of its beauty and because it looked like summer !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leo's smiles, lazy (yet productive) Saturdays, a good book, watching Indiana Jones with Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look